Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

National Museum of the Pacific War

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by Noah, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Noah

Noah New Member

I visitied the Nimitz Museuem of the Pacific War and here are some of the photos I took. The pictures don't do the muesuem justice. Almost everything is real, with only a few replicas, like the Atomic bomb. I didn't get a lot of pictures becuase I was just too interested in everyting i saw that I forget to take pictures.

It is a National muesuem, actually it is the only national muesuem to be soley focused on the Pacific theatre. The muesuem is located in Fredricksburg Texas, right behind the house that Admiral Nimitz grew up in. It is a truly amazing muesuem that is top quality.

The muesuem has an unbelievable amount of history in it. It has a section for every island we fought in the Pacific theatre, with a Pre-WW2 section talking about the history of America and Japan that led up to the war. I spent 4 hours in the muesuem and didn't see everything.

To truly see everything you need to spend 2 days there. The muesuem isn't well known and is kind of out in the middle of no where but I highly recommend if you have to the chance, go to it.

I have too many pictures too post on this fourm so it'll be on this website: http://imgur.com/a/dUy8R

Slipdigit, Dave55 and Owen like this.
  2. ColHessler

ColHessler Member

Looks like a great museum.

Also, welcome to the forum.

3. Takao

Takao Ace

Hey, Hey, I was wondering where the N1K1 Rex floatplane from Willow Grove NAS got to!

4. Noah

Noah New Member

I was surprised at how big the plane was! The floats were bigger than most cars! Kind of surprising that a big plane like that was put on carriers or smaller ships.