Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Nazi artifacts in Argentina

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by ColHessler, Jun 20, 2017.

1. ColHessler

ColHessler Member

2. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

Those look too perfect, I wouldn't be surprised if they all are fakes sold by the "antique dealer, who was originally being investigated for trading illicit artefacts" to naive clients in the US or elsewhere.
    And Mengele, a relatively nobody (despite his notoriety, he was just one of the dozens or so German physicians working in Auschwitz - which many of them regarded as punishment) wouldn't have the money to transport such a large load from Europe to Argentina.
    And no Nazi war criminal would actually do it, it would be extremely dangerous and stupid beyond belief.

3. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

Looks like a load of BS. To my uneducated eye, some of those items just scream "fake"! -- too ornate, and too perfect for being 70+ years old.

I've never understood why the media has jumped on this find as being "evidence" of Nazi bigwigs fleeing to Argentina? There are people who own Nazi paraphernalia (from Nazi memorabilia collectors, auction houses and re-sellers, to Nazi sympathizers, historical apologists, etc) in every country -- is it really such a shock that such a person would exist in Argentina?