Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Nazi Megastructures

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by Javey74, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Javey74

Javey74 Member

Anyone been watching Nazi Megastructures. I find them really good, very informative and going further in explaining each of their roles within the war and how in the end they failed.

Watched Season 1/2/3/4. Sky is showing Season 5 now, but to be honest Season 5 to me is a re-hash of the earlier seasons, nothing really new to learn or know.

My only major gripe is that since Nazi Megastructures is a production of National Geographic which is a Canadian Network, you cannot obtain Seasons 3/4 on DVD (Region 2) as they are only in Region 4 (Canada). They have only produced Seasons 1 & 2 in Region 2, which I'm delighted to own.

I've been looking for Seasons 3 & 4 in Region 2 for ages to no avail. I even sent an email to National Geographic and still waiting for a reply off months ago. They must like losing revenue!

2. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

A few minor clarifications: National Geographic is an American network, and Canada is Region 1 (same as the US). Region 4 is Australia and South America.

I admit to watching a few episodes of this as background noise, but I think they've jumped the shark now that the episodes are covering things like aircraft while still using the moniker "Megastructures".

3. Javey74

Javey74 Member

Sorry I meant a Canadian production for National Geographic, apparently it has a Category B speciality channel which is Canadian based and owned by Corus Entertainment and National Geographic (US), but yeah the DVDs are mainly Region 4 on eBay, which as you state is Australia and South America, not Canada. I didn't realise what I had typed. Though I have noticed the odd Region 1s again on eBay, but I would need a multi regional DVD player to watch either of them.

Plus I'm not sure why they seemed to have a lot of Region 4 versions, since I would not have thought Australia or South America would have such a keen interest in this area compared to say Britain and America.

I know what you mean in your final comment as in moving onto aircraft and still using the term "Megastructures". I think this may have been due to a renaming in certain countries as it was formerly known as "Nazi Mega Weapons".

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017