Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Need a bit of help.

Discussion in 'Counter-Battery Fire' started by gtblackwell, Jun 28, 2012.

1. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

A few questions >

1. I managed to get a picture on my profile page but cannot figure out how to do so by my name on post. Nothing seems to work.

2. Just tried to down lots of images , a dozen, to an existing thread. The were from Photobucket and post easily to other forums. This was my third attempt and my computer simply freezes. ( Just saw this section and will read up on it)

3. Just linked Martin Bull's Lancaster post in an email to a friend. When he tried to open he got the "Trojan Warning" I told him I thought it harmless but it is scary. I have never seen it. I think he would like the forum and sent him the home page. Did I do the right thing ?

Any suggestions appreciated,

Gaines

2. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

So you went into settings and edit avatar to upload your pic and nothing happened? If this is the case, perhaps the pic size was too large. Good luck

3. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

Thanks, will check the size.

GB

4. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

1) Your problem is most likey size as PzJgr has already mentioned. The maximum size of your custom image is 128 by 128 pixels or 100.0 KB (whichever is smaller).

2) When you upload images from another site unclick the box that reads "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". This has always eliminated the problem for me.

Skipper likes this.