Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

NEED INFO: Estate purchase Pants WWI or WWII German or ? Thank you

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by suwanneetrader, Feb 23, 2013.

1. suwanneetrader

suwanneetrader Member

I bought these at an estate sale, they had no idea where their Dad got them but he was in WWII in Europe. They are a Greenish - Gray and the cord/stripe down each leg is black or a very dark blue. No Marks except the numbers shown in photo. Any help appreciated. Thankyou Richard View attachment 18479

Attached Files:

2. suwanneetrader

suwanneetrader Member

I posted the pictures the only way I know how, I hope they are good enough to help with identification. Let me know if you need larger and I will try to fix. In my searching I found an Austrian Uniform that has buttons on the lower legs. Let me know what you think. Richard

3. suwanneetrader

suwanneetrader Member

I thought with all the knowledge on this forum someone would know what these are. :waiting: Richard

4. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Keep your pants on :p someone will be by at some point and look at them for you. Not everyone logs on every day.

5. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

No positive identification, but several leads for a start.

The cut looks like early German Drillich hose to me. But these were made of linen. The color could be Polizei (IF these are German)
    . Similar models wer eused by the Swedes and the Swiss, so we'll need confirmation first.

I thought about a Dutch model, but they had Golf trousers shaped ones. I do'nt think they are regular military supplies as they have no Waffen amt markings, but they could be taylor made ones.

6. suwanneetrader

suwanneetrader Member

Thankyou Maybe someone will look and know. Could be taylormade as they are very well made. The numbers could have been added anytime but here is a pic of the stenciled letters that hve been here along time, which could be English, German or many other countries, but maybe it will help ID Richard

View attachment 18483

Attached Files:

7. suwanneetrader

suwanneetrader Member

Bump to top. Richard

8. suwanneetrader

suwanneetrader Member

I thank you for help so far. I'm hoping a person sees that can give additional information. Richard

9. suwanneetrader

suwanneetrader Member

Thankyou I sold them to a friend in The Netherlands but still do not know (FOR SURE) what country they are. RLM