Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Need opinions on my videos

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by ramborob17, Apr 11, 2010.

1. ramborob17

ramborob17 Member

Apologies if this thread isn't in the right place.

I have a couple of videos for you guys to look over. First off let me give you a little background on our units here in New Zealand:

Reenacting is still in its baby years here in Kiwi-Land and has only been around for a little over 10 years. Coming from the states I have been trying to get the guys here to be a bit more open minded with the scenarios that we do and try and broaden what we portray to the public. They are still in the stage of just wanting to do DDay or DDay + 3 or 4 scenarios for the public. We have a 2nd rangers unit, a 101st, an 82nd, an SS unit and a couple guys starting up an Africa Corps unit in our immediate area. There are quite a few units up and down the island but these are just the ones that I participate with. I have brought about several scenario ideas in order for us to increase our public interest and to try new things. I am wanting to do early war battle scenarios as well as late ones. I would like to incorporate the Africa Corps unit in and do a scenario with them and the Kiwi unit here. I have a couple of videos for you guys to show you what kind of battles we put on. Keep in mind that the reenacting society over here is quite small. I also have a video of a French resistance fighter being arrested by a German MP and a couple of us paratroopers crashing the party. The scenario was put together by myself and several of the Germans.

The whole point of me posting this is to get some opinions and recommendations from you guys on an historical level. I am venturing out of my comfort zone by putting together a French Resistance unit. If you guys have any suggestions on different scenarios that we could do I am all ears. I am pretty eager to get some more stuff going out here in Kiwi-Land. Any help would be much appreciated.

Salute,
    Robert Furci

WWII Battle
    YouTube - WWII Battle MOTAT Live Day 2010

Vietnam Battle
    YouTube - Vietnam Battle MOTAT Live Day 2010

French Resistance caught in the open
    YouTube - Tauranga Airshow 2010 French Resistance

French Resistance on train
    YouTube - MOTAT Live Day 2010- French Resistance on train