Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Need Some Help Identifying German Badge and Patches

Discussion in 'Medals, Insignia, Badges & Recalls' started by Russell Moore, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Russell Moore

Russell Moore recruit

I need some help identifying these german items
    Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ProsEvotvof likes this.
  2. Russell Moore

Russell Moore recruit

couple of other items
    I know what number 6 is in this pic but the rest I dont

[​IMG]

3. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

In the first post, the first two pictures seem to be military shoulder boards. The first one is for an enlisted man, the second is for an officer. The same is true for items 2 and 3 in the second post. I think item 4 are the infantry collar tabs of an infantry officer. Check this site for more details, and do some searching. Third Reich & U.S. Military Decorations, Medals, Badges, Ribbons, Books & more

4. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Number 2 and 3 are German Luftwaffe shoulder boards (the 2 is for medium rank officers and the 3 for lower ranks) . 5 = German collar tabs. I Don't know about the green should tab and the rest

5. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Russel for # 1 photos, are the edging brown not red correct ?.......... either a regiment or Abteilung shoulder boards the edging almost looks like a dirty gold but I cannot tell. Also in yur photo showing the two patches with the E and the H both are Luftwaffe the E with twisted 3mm gold chord is for 1 year of service as a rangefinder or for downing a single enemy aircraft. the # 2 is for sound locator personell in the Flak arm.

your two gold badges with steering wheel you probably have already guessed.............good competent drivers, could be heavy trucks from the rear to the front all the way up to Panzer and other armored and armed vehicles.