Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Neutral Discussion Regarding Election 2016

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Poppy, Nov 8, 2016.

1. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Watched a 7:30 Report interviewing the Australian Ambassador to the US last night...Kim Beazley is an extremely intelligent human being so listened to his answers...two things stuck with me...He said if the US increases tariffs on China, Australia could lose revenue and indeed job losses also...And he said that everyone knew that the US has a formidable military, and under TRUMP the military would become even MORE formidable...generally he was up beat about the election, but still had a number of question marks on certain issues.

2. RichTO90

RichTO90 Well-Known Member

In civilized states, like the one I now reside in, when you get your drivers license, register your car, or otherwise transact business with the state, you are given the opportunity to register. You then receive a ballot in the mail three weeks prior to the election and return it by mail or to a ballot box...so about 90% of the votes can be tabulated, checked and cross-referenced to voter rolls by election day. In my former, less civilized state (albeit much closer to the seat of all that is holy in the US) you jumped through hoops to get registered, then had to stand in line for hours on election day, unless you were smart enough to go on vacation and so could register an absentee ballot - more hoops to jump through. Like California, our results were quickly known, albeit the final count was later.

3. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Active Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRJ-UWKQtTs

I think this level of stupidity is what's wrong with the world.

She assumed she was right because she was lgbt, female etc...

She then is all crying when being all those things doesn't make you right (or wrong).

This mindset is really dumb, and I doubt she can hack it in this new world of ours considering she's now all butt-hurt and crying after 48 hours.