Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

New 1/144 armor from Ustar

Discussion in 'Modelling' started by Prospero Quevedo, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Well-Known Member

ive been surfing the online model shops again and found this company Ustar never hear or seen them before. From the pics they have great kits I really want to get. They have a really great looking t54 kit I'd like to get and use to make a t44 and t62. They also had a number of other kits a m 60, the c2 Canadian leopard, four panthers a mid production, a jagdpanther, a 20 mm aa and a 37 mm aa type, a maus, and of all things a m48 h, I thought it was odd the Taiwanese we're rebuilding these a m60 chassi with a m48 turret the normal m60 turret already had a 105 in it and the larger turret should have plenty of room for the new systems installed. Well it's a interesting rebuild and the kit looks great plus from the pics it looks like it has the best looking 50 cal hb that I've seen so far.
    LOL, finally found something on U-star hobbies of course they'd do the m48 h it's in Taiwan. I think they call it the brave tiger. The scavenged tank yards all over for turrets and the m60 chassis. I'm sure they got them cheap since they got them from mostly tank decommission yards. I'm kinda of surprised they rebuilt so many as they are building two new tanks as well. They were afraid that mainland China was going to invade and the new tanks would take months maybe years to reach the number they needed so the m48 he was a quick gap filler. Saw lots of new stuff for my collection, lol, I'm dying to get something new.
    I couldn't see any difference on the t55 to the t59. The biggest difference I read was the Russians use a wire guard on their head lights. The Chinese made a metal shield that wraps from the sides and over giving a kind of boxed look. It's about the only real,visible difference and I think the antenna arrangement is a bit different, lol, like it have antennas at my scale. I have considered using micro wire or fishing line but haven't gotten around to trying that out yet. Thought about trying fishing line for rigging for my biplanes I'll have to look online and ask my nephew that's really into fishing. I hope he has another good fishing year last year he caight so lobsters and made some great lobster rolls and got some yellow tail that we made into sashimi and seared some too.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    Half Track likes this.
  2. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Well-Known Member

Found the U-star company site they actually specialize in model tools and now are doing models as well. I wrote to their website making suggestions for new products, I noticed they did all modern so I suggested a m46, if they do that one I should be able to build a really good M26 and upgrade my M47, then I suggested a shotskal, that should give a base for building other marks and then a crusader that would give people a great vehicle for the British eighth army plus I really like the crusader it unfortunately had a very weak gun but it was one of the most widely use tanks for the British. Anyway if anything I hope they do the M46 id really like to see that one if any.