Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

New Battle of Midway Movie

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by gldr327, Aug 23, 2017.

1. gldr327

gldr327 New Member

Hi All,

My name is Mike Phillips. I'm a student of history, first and foremost. I'm also an independent filmmaker. My team and I - and, by team, I mean me and four other guys - produced the indie film Fortress in 2010 and we've started work on a new film, set during the Battle of Midway.

More than anything, we want to honor the courage and sacrifices of our military servicemen, and we feel the best way to do that is to tell their stories in the most historically factual, authentic way possible. I'm hoping you'll help me build that au, so I can make sure our new film does justice to the experiences our boys had and the horrors they had to endure.

lwd likes this.
  2. lwd

lwd Ace

If you aren't aware of it already Hyperwar has a wealth of period documents. Opana oversees the site and is a frequent visitor here. Here's a google of a number of the documents there:
    hyperwar midway - Google Search

gldr327 likes this.
  3. lwd

lwd Ace

I'm pretty sure you've read it but if you haven't Shattered Sword and The First Team should be very useful as well. The authors of both books do frequent some of the WW2 forums (j-aircraft in particular) and Tully has a forum of his own.

gldr327 likes this.
  4. gldr327

gldr327 New Member