Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

New book by WWII veteran

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by trx, Dec 21, 2017.

1. trx

trx New Member

Hi,

I'd like to mention a new book written by my father who served as aircrew in the RAF in WWII. He enlisted when war broke out at the age of 19 and, from Somerset, UK where he grew up, flew on operations in Swordfish, Catalina and Liberator aircraft over the course of the war: from Gibraltar to the near East and Far East, to the USA and Canada for training, and then to the Atlantic and the Kattegat, patrolling for U-boats. For this last one he was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross (D.F.C.) His name is Franklin Medhurst and the book, which is online as an ebook, is called War and Liberty: One man's story. There are a number of anecdotes about things that occurred on operations too. He lost a lot of comrades and this is one of the things that has prompted him to write the book. It's written as a human story, so there's a personal narrative to the book and it's easy reading.

It's on both Amazon (for Kindle), Smashwords and several other sites such as Apple and Barnes & Noble. You can read the first part of the book as a free sample. I hope it is of interest!

Thank you.

lwd, ColHessler and JJWilson like this.
  2. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Well-Known Member Patron  

Just went to Kindle, US to order but they have no record. I do have an Amazon UK account so will see if it is possible to get US delivery for an ebook. It sounds very appealing.

Gaines.........Oh, welcome to the WW2 forum.

3. JJWilson

JJWilson Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums trx! I'll absolutely have to check your fathers book out, I was just at Barnes& Noble yesterday dangit.

4. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Well-Known Member Patron  

Good news. I went to Amazon UK to buy War and Liberty and they linked me to Amazon US and I was able to make the purchase. So if interested try US again, it is now working.

Gaines

5. trx

trx New Member

Hi gtblackwell and JJWilson. Thanks so much for checking out the book. I've just looked again myself and it is now on the US and UK Amazon websites, and the Barnes & Noble website. I very much enjoyed working on it with my father and reading the many stories he had never previously related to us.

My internet access is limited at the moment but I'll endeavour to reply to any posts when I can.

JJWilson likes this.