Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

New Forum

Discussion in 'North Africa and the Mediterranean' started by Otto, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

To keep things a little more organized, we've divided the Battle for Europe and North Africa Forum into two distinct Forums. A moderator will be assigned to this new area.

edit: Don't be surprised bt the appeareance of older posts in a brand new Forum, I transferred a few North Africa and Med. related threads from the old Forum to this new one.

[ 26. June 2003, 01:35 AM: Message edited by: Otto ]

2. David Barton (DB) Mathis

David Barton (DB) Mathis Member

Thumbs Up Otto! Considering I am looking for info on North Africa this is a big help to me. Thanks,

3. Military History Network

Military History Network Registered Member

Otto -

I'd have suggested North Africa, Italy, Mediterranean as a rational clumping; they shared, from the beginning, an enduring thread of overall command.

The Allied invasion of Southern France in August '44 was essentially a 'pulling out' of Mediterranean Forces, assigning them to the ETO, so that forum splinter is may best be given to Europe.

I can think of only one unit that concurrently served the MTO and Southern France - the 1st Military Railway Service - and only one unit that returned to the Med - the 442nd Infantry Regiment.

- Pat

4. No.9

No.9 Ace

Quite right MHN. Though some British and Commonwealth forces were moved from the Med to Europe for the invasion, generally they went from N.Africa to Italy/Greece. In other words, it was generally the Mediterranean Theatre.

No.9

5. sommecourt

sommecourt Member

Thanks Otto - as a bit of a fan of the Italian campaign, which was very different to the ETO, then I am pleased to see this forum area back again. [​IMG]

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Otto:

Good idea ! Please when possible list the archival messages into the two seperate branches

~E

7. DUCE

DUCE Member

Excellent idea Otto!
    Can't wait to see what the new forums are going to have to say...

DUCE