Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

New Gallery Support & Assistance Forum

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery Support' started by Otto, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Otto

Otto No More Half Measures WW2|ORG Editor

All-right take a knee ladies and gentlemen.

In an effort to clean up and improve our Gallery, the OKF have decided to create a new support section for our gallery. Post any issues/comments/questions here.

Dismissed. :S!

2. Joe

Joe Ace

Not really asking for assistance, just a whine to all users of the gallery. Like I said in my thread, please tell us what the picture is!

Oh and Scarface, please may you also post the caption to your Willie & Joe pictures! :D

3. Otto

Otto No More Half Measures WW2|ORG Editor

I agree Joe, the gallery has a ton of great photos, but we could be doing a better job of making the images a good resource for research. Detailed descriptions, accurate dates etc, will really help this.

4. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru

Here is a Guide on how to Upload an Image to the Gallery, and then post its Thumbnail into a Post. Its a Thumbnail Guide (no pun intended).

To start off, please click on the Gallery Link on the top of the page.

[​IMG]

You will be then taken to this screen, where you need to click on the Upload Photos button.

[​IMG]

You can Upload 5 Images at a time. On this screen, be sure to fill in a Title and Description. You can change these for each Image once they have been uploaded.

[​IMG]

Once the Image has been Uploaded, you can change the description and title on this screen, before you Process the image. Click Process when you are ready.

[​IMG]

Once you click Process, you will be taken to a screen showing the uploaded Image along with your other images. Click on the Image you want to get the thumbnail for.

[​IMG]

This page will show the image (clicking on the Image itself brings you to the full-size view of it if it is a large image). It also shows the name of the image, the description, keywords, who posted the image, etc. Towards the bottom of this information is a link - Linked Thumbnail - by clicking ONCE on this URL, it will select the entire URL. Click Ctrl+C on your keyboard to copy the URL and paste it in a thread.

[​IMG]

And there you have it! Thumbnails in your posts!

Like so:

[​IMG]

macrusk, Za Rodinu and Otto like this.
  5. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru

Here is the updated guide. I can improve upon it later if its not too clear.

Link removed by Moderator

6. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Roasted Sheep Heads! I've got to make myself a T-shirt out of this :lol:

7. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

new restaurant attire ~ M ~ ??

8. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru

:) Its actually the first Image of Za I did before finding that Red Rabbi one :)

9. Spaniard

Spaniard Dishonorably Discharged

On My Picture Gallery how do I delete a Picture.

And for some reason I have One picture in four different places other Pictures in two files???? When I click on edit I click on the Browser change the Picture and File info and all 4 pictures change on 4 different Files????. thi also happened with the Pictures and file that are doubled???

Can't we have a Simple Delete Picture and info. With no need to change for other Picture.

I need to remove 7 Pictures that have double or just show 2 pictures "Thumbnail" in red, how do I delete them from my file with out having to add any other pictures??

10. macrusk

macrusk Proud Daughter of a Canadian WWII Veteran

Could a Moderator/Admin, please advise why when I view Spaniard's photos, or my own in a slide show they are intermixed? It is very confusing. This only happened recently while I am trying to enter ones from my recent 65th Liberation tour and wonder if it is related to the problem Spaniard was having above. Thanks!

11. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy WW2|ORG Editor

I don't know Michelle, but I will look to find out.

12. Spaniard

Ok Michelle I did a quick search of Your Pics about over 150, I see we have two pictures that are same There could be More? No Big Deal I can always Remove and replace if thats the problem I do have over 1000 just for Canada.:D

Now we have Two types of Side shows That I can See. You have 5 small ones at the Same Time Or Above that one Big one that allows you to make the Picture Bigger or smaller to View.

On Mine all 300+++ Pictures that I uploaded show on the Small Pictures that comes out in Rows of 5.

But when I View the One Picture Slide Show some of my Pictures Show others Don't???:confused:

I gave up with the 4 Pictures that are Same I change One all four change with the Same Picture and that goes for the Ones that are doubled also. I only Loaded the Picture Once not on 4 separate Times.

I Also have Two that just shows Picture of the Word Thumbnail In Red Tried to edit and Load New Pictures on both and they stays the same. Therefore I have 8 Picture Around that do this the rest are OK.

13. macrusk

macrusk Proud Daughter of a Canadian WWII Veteran

It doesn't matter if we have the same photos Spaniard. I wanted to view mine and they were interrupted by yours, and then when I wanted to watch a slide show of just yours, mine interrupted. We both posted quite a few photos within about 1 hours of each other which may be a factor.

BTW, while some of your photos show Library and Archives Canada as the source and were familiar to me from their online library, I wondered where some of the others were from as I had not seen them before (that I recall) particularly the colour ones and the Dieppe training photos. Thanks

14. von Poop

von Poop Waspish WW2|ORG Editor

Having experience of the same bolt-on gallery software, both as user and 'administrator', there is a very simple answer to any problems with it:

It's an absolute box of sh*t.

Hope that's not too technical an explanation.

~A

15. Spaniard

First, Michelle all pictures are National Archive Pictures from WWII Taken by Canadian Photo and Film Crew. Some I added the source, I will add to many more when I get the Chance. I need to confirm many on accounts and dates, Place.

You can fined many at WWII In Colour. all their Pictures have been taken from the Canadian National Archives But they don't Mention It as source I was told there free to use with No mention and that goes for other sites that are doing the same????? Since their Picture format is small hard to upload many of their pictures to this site. I contacted them due to Some of their accounts dates of the Pictures are incorrect.

You can fined those Pictures also on Other Sites and they also have no mention as Source, But I know were they come from.;) I'm a member of other Sites that I've Uploaded many WWII CDN Pictures an we share pictures.

I'll Send you a PM with the Sites

Yes the Dieppe are quite interesting, Indeed. The Canadian National Archives have 1000nds++ of Pictures available that they never Uploaded to their Site or never been seen, Unfortunately gathering dust in some Box.:mad:

16. Spaniard

NO Coment :rolleyes: Too Funny:D Lmaooooo

17. Spaniard

OK It's happening Again I have Michelle's Pictures on My Small Slide Show with the 5 pictures 2 are mine 3 are Hers :confused:

The Bottom is My Slide Show and I have Mechelle's Pictures I do Believe. Lmaooooooooo

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]