Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

New member, 272VGD.

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by 272VGD., Dec 27, 2007.

1. 272VGD.

272VGD. Member

Hello all,

I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Nick and I live in the Netherlands.
    I am 19 years old. I live near the former Luftwaffe airbase "Fliegerhorst Gilze-Rijen" in the south of the Netherlands! My main interests are everything that has to do with my hometown (Gilze-Rijen) ... offcourse including the airbase of Gilze-Rijen in ww2 and before "Vliegveld Molenheide/Nerhoven" and after the German occupation called "B77" in English use.
    The battle in the Huertgenforest and Schnee Eifel also has my interest.
    Beside that my main hobby is metaldetecting for ww2 relic's, main locations for this is my hometown and the Huertgenforest where i did some nice finds, but sometimes I am everywhere to find with my metaldetector.
    On the side I collect equipment and items of ww2, mosty German, I am making a Heer soldier just how it was in Huertgen in 1944/45. When that is finist I wil specialize myself on Luftwaffe material.
    Well soon I will post some pic's and material of my small collection.

Best regards,
    272 Volks Grenadiere Division.

PS. my English is not 100% correct, I'm sorry for that. I'll hope it won't make any problem.

Sturmkreuz likes this.
  2. Sturmkreuz

Sturmkreuz Member

Welcome!

My interest is Germany in WWII. Hürtgenwald has my admire too! Hard battle. Nick, if you intrest is Hürtgenwald, you should know "Friedrich Lengfeld", he has a memorial statue there.

Topic here: http://www.ww2f.com/roll-honor-memories-wwii-obituaries/20944-friedrich-lengfeld.html

Rip Friedrich Lengfeld! He was a real Hero!

And I see your interest lies in 272 Volks Grenadiere Division too, I'll try to help.

I'm just doing the same as you Nick :D. I'm currently busy with the soldiers equipment.

If it's no problems, we could share our knowledge of Hürtgenwald.

Géén probleem hoor. Zolang we je verstaan, is alles ok ;).

3. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Willkomme ! you mention specializing in LW items, such as ?

curious if you have found items at the base at G.R. ?

and to the boards will look forward to your postings

E ~

Sturmkreuz likes this.
  4. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Hello Mike, I'm certain we"ll have some nice things to share. One person in my study group is working on the Jan 7 1944 crash that happened at Molenschot. We got a lot of help from people from Gilze-Rijen for his research. Several people on this forum also know a lot about NJG2 (Erich, myself and others) . If you have knowledge about the Nachtjacht this would be a nice addition to the forum.
    Also there is a special thread on this forum for the Huergten forest. So welcome!

5. 272VGD.

272VGD. Member

Hi everybody, thank you all for the nice welcome.

@Sturmkreuz; the story of Lengfeld is well know by me, sharring interests is OK!

@Erich; With Luftwaffe material I mean everthing that was used here on the airbase. I have found some interesting objects here, but its all hard to find. Interesting locations are still today military terrain. I have found sereral plane objects, BAR magazine, boxes full with british ammo, coins etcetra.

@Skipper, who is Mike? :p Interesting to hear from you of a crash near Molenschot, in the archives here of planecrashes near Tilburg, mentions nothing about that! So if you will and can give me some more information about the exact location? I can look/ask around here and maybe talk to some connections I have here in the area.

6. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Welcome aboard!

I will be looking forward in hearing some stories which I hope you be willing to share with us.

7. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

so any LW Nachtjäger pieces found from : NJG 2's Ju 88C's ?? :D

E ~

8. 272VGD.

272VGD. Member

Erich, not yet, maybe soon. I'm busy with another crashsite.
    I have never searched near Molenschot. But that time will come.

Here a lately unknow aircraft find... German it is..but what?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here a pic to get "in the mood". Here I have found some of the objects. Also a cilinder or something...
    [​IMG]

9. 272VGD.

272VGD. Member

The object is in bad condition unfortunately, but I still have to clean it up.
    Here the cilinder or something found in the same ditch.
    [​IMG]

10. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Sorry Nick, I called you Mike by mistake. the reason why your files mention Tilburg is possibly because that it the place where many allied crews who crashed near Gilze were temporarily buried. I'll ask my friend for more details.

11. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Nice bodemfunden!
    I would need to see the stuff cleaned but the cylinder could be an oxygen bottle.

On the tag of the first picture I read "gerät" but that means "tool" or "device" so it's difficult to say. If there is some black rubber attached underneath it could be the lid of a fuel tank. Again if it's clean I would have a better overall view.

12. 272VGD.

272VGD. Member

Yes indeed, many fallen English, Polish soldiers still lay here.
    I also have many pic's of the burrialsite. Well, I'm affraid I will be busy for a while. :D

There is more written about Allied planecrashes instead of German... offcourse. But I'm very interesting about the planecrash near Molenschot! Thanks in advance for the information.

13. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

oh boy I have many questions forming in my little mind to ask......so you are checking crash sites you say ? I may have a inquiry about a 1945 crash for you soon

E good fotos

14. 272VGD.

272VGD. Member

Thnx, on the tag I can read Gerät and Hersteller... Ludwig...

15. Sturmkreuz

Sturmkreuz Member

Nick you gonna get busy :p.

16. 272VGD.

272VGD. Member

Let the qeustions come! I'm very glad to here so much interest in my daily business. :D
    I did not searcht on much crash locations yet. But that time has come.
    My goal is to search on every square meter here in the environment. :D:D

17. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

ok friend are you ready to purchase 2 very large shed-buildings for all your findings ? :cool:

back with some questions soon....... ♫

18. Sturmkreuz

Sturmkreuz Member

If you read a number on a piece of aircraft, tell me! I know someone who can see when the airplane was build, shot down, pilots etcetera...

Mhh like Skipper said check for rubber.

19. 272VGD.

272VGD. Member

I will soon make a new threat about Gilze Rijen findings en photo's.... soon more.

Greetz from the dark forests of Huertgen.....

[​IMG]

20. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Could it be Ludwigshafen? This where I.G Farben and BASF had huge factories that also worked for the Luftwaffe. Hersteller = maker so this should be followed by a brand or an identification number.