Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

New Member - Schwere Luft

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by Schwere Luft, May 18, 2007.

1. Schwere Luft

Schwere Luft Member

I am a member of several military forums, my main interest is in the naval aspects of the two World Wars. I translate from the German on commission for British publishers. From the masses of material I have read in the course of these translations, I find that I cannot trust historians very much. Why? Because they omit important facts and events in their writings of which they must have been aware, but have avoided committing to print probably because somebody higher up the ladder asked or told them to avoid doing so. This is also true of highly placed German military men writing their memoirs, the obvious example here being Luftwaffe ADC von Below.

My pen-name "Schwere Luft" means "heavy air". It is a term the Germans used in connection with their prime war's end development. This was, to my knowledge and belief, and having been myself asked or told to watch carefully what I write in this regard, no bluff.

I look forward to an enjoyable exchange of ideas with the membership. I thank Otto for his kind welcome by PM.

SL

2. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome aboard Schwere Luft! :S! I'm always glad when we get a new member who is active in the world of military history. You in particular seem to have a unique perspective with your work as an interpreter.

The WWII Forums has been here for several years, but I am going to make efforts to increase the functionality of this Forum. If there are any features that you have seen on other boards that you might like to see here, please let me know, and I'll see about installing them here.

3. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

it has also been a pleasure to read your answers in the Seehund success thread. much success on the translation of that very important work

E ~