Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

New Member signing on

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Colin Roberts, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Colin Roberts

Colin Roberts New Member

Hi All
    just joined this outfit and
    I am interested in ww1 and 2
    I live in lincolnshire in the uk and have been retired for a number of years now and I am very active on my family history.
    My reason for joining is that my late stepfather was in ww2 and was taken prisoner, he was from yugoslavia in the Krushevac area, It appears from documents I have, he was an active supporter in the Chetnicks, I have a suitcase full of documents ect regarding his time in Stalag xc and other letters ect. He came to britain just after the war as he told me that he could not go back to his own country for fear of being shot.
    I have been hoping that I could find someone to translate these documents for me as I know some are personal but he passed away over 20 years ago and also my mother passed away over 10 years ago so there would be no problems ect.
    all the documents have been scanned and saved, I realise this would be quite a task but it would be great to find out what was in them. I also have his dog tag.
    Regards Colin

2. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Welcome aboard...

3. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

Welcometo the forum

4. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome! You might find translation help over at Axis History Forums. • Axis History Forum Wide range of people and skill there. Good luck to you.

5. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Welcome to the Forums, Colin.

6. RRA227

RRA227 Member

Welcome! Rich A. in Pa.

7. Dreama Lentz

Dreama Lentz New Member

Hello. I am also new. I am planning a trip to the U.K. In June and would like to spend a day in the Somerset area. My father stayed there as a soldier during WWII from Oct. 1943-Jul. 1944. In Taunton. His name was August E. Rutt, 510th Ordinance HM Company FA XX Corps U.S.Army. Does anyone know of a record showing where they stayed? I do know he was in a private home. He told me stories of how they had two little granddaughters who would sneak into his room and pilfer chocolate and gum. (He didn’t mind) My Dad never would drink tea again. LOL

8. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome to the forums, Dreama!