Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

New Moderators

Discussion in 'WWII Forums News' started by Slipdigit, Feb 9, 2013.

1. von_noobie

von_noobie Member

Well cant say for the burgers but in the highlands of Vietnam rice wine was/is a very popular drink, Just so long as you can ignore the various bugs in it squirming around. Then again you usually get very drunk soon so your night not completly disgusting :p

2. Ken The Kanuck

Ken The Kanuck Member

Thanks to all the folks who make this site so great.

KTK

3. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Congrats to the "two B's", I wish you well and good luck.

4. Biak

Biak Adjutant

Thanks Clint, You've shown how it's done now all we have to do is follow your lead.

5. belasar

belasar Court Jester Staff Member

Ditto!

6. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist Patron   WW2|ORG Editor

Well done guys!:cool:

7. Victor Gomez

Victor Gomez Ace

As I was a hungry youth in the public schools..........us students suddenly and quite out of the ordinary began liking the burgers made in the school lunch room....all of us getting excited to have pizza when they put a little ground beef(we thought) on the pizza....a great deal of satisfaction with our lunch meals persisted for a very long time. Suddenly things returned to the old ways and we began hating the food again only to learn that we had been enjoying the horse meat that a vender was caught selling to the schools. Soon we were like the old days hating the way the food tasted as we returned to the real beef once again.

8. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

Good job fellas

9. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Welcome to our new moderators, as you know we've been discussing this matter for quite a long time and we have have unanimously agreed both Biak and Belasar would be good fellows for the duty. Good luck to both of them !

10. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

Congrats to both of you! well deserved...or?;)

11. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Victor just said congrats again....

Another place for this I suppose Victor. But yes food its been discussed here on other threads..I know where my meat, my veg, my soup comes from. And much of my desserts. Buy from a supermarket and you quite simply no matter what the labling and packaging says...you don't ...its a global con at work, at its best...nothing new..just caught out once more...Horsemeat I will not decry...I ate it in forces abroad...I've ate it at home when brought in...I understand folk who are against it...I'm not...lovely...But if its the labling that is bugging folk cos they don't get what they thought they were buying that is wrong. But that is something we as a public here and wherever you are in world is down to us...no one else...If Dobbin is now in the chain then we kid ourselves to think Dobbin has not been in the chain for last 20 years...I see the supermarkets eying this up....once they accept public are desanitised...horsemeat will appear in UK packaged properly and will sell...about time too. But not yet...first the blame game...more to come out...the folk who never realised that the UK exports more horsemeat than any other European nation...Dobbin goes out from us...public are yet to realise that because we have big horse racing industry...dobbin who was 9 to on to win at Ascot...is 5 to 1 to come back as lasagne in the UK..and he or she does not live a life in a field on retirement...The only thing I fear is the Butacote...A pill I once took as a very good working anti inflamatory...it worked...but was then banned due to the amount of deaths it lead to over here...So politicos going around now saying ok, we have horsemeat that has got thru....actually driven a coach and horses thru...whoops...the system is safe to eat...So Butacote is now safe....yes minister...you and supermakets minister for last 20 or so years have been fooling and conspiring..yes conspiring to globaly change the food market and now have no infrastructure to do the safety checks you say are going to be put in place...your lying minister...the supermarkets are lying...and the UK DEFRA dept is so quiet over all this that their silence is becoming deafaning...I'm happy though...I eat and will always eat well and know where my food and my families food is coming from....The rest of you are being lied to big time...

Oh, sorry, mods please move me and Victor to one of the other threads..

And me and Victor, congragulate once more Biak and Belasar....What have they got again...oh yes...but don't give Biak any keys...and keep Belasar away from the forum Xmas menu planning...

12. urqh

Victor just said congrats again....

Another place for this I suppose Victor. But yes food its been discussed here on other threads..I know where my meat, my veg, my soup comes from. And much of my desserts. Buy from a supermarket and you quite simply no matter what the labling and packaging says...you don't ...its a global con at work, at its best...nothing new..just caught out once more...Horsemeat I will not decry...I ate it in forces abroad...I've ate it at home when brought in...I understand folk who are against it...I'm not...lovely...But if its the labling that is bugging folk cos they don't get what they thought they were buying that is wrong. But that is something we as a public here and wherever you are in world is down to us...no one else...If Dobbin is now in the chain then we kid ourselves to think Dobbin has not been in the chain for last 20 years...I see the supermarkets eying this up....once they accept public are desanitised...horsemeat will appear in UK packaged properly and will sell...about time too. But not yet...first the blame game...more to come out...the folk who never realised that the UK exports more horsemeat than any other European nation...Dobbin goes out from us...public are yet to realise that because we have big horse racing industry...dobbin who was 9 to on to win at Ascot...is 5 to 1 to come back as lasagne in the UK..and he or she does not live a life in a field on retirement...The only thing I fear is the Butacote...A pill I once took as a very good working anti inflamatory...it worked...but was then banned due to the amount of deaths it lead to over here...So politicos going around now saying ok, we have horsemeat that has got thru....actually driven a coach and horses thru...whoops...the system is safe to eat...So Butacote is now safe....yes minister...you and supermakets minister for last 20 or so years have been fooling and conspiring..yes conspiring to globaly change the food market and now have no infrastructure to do the safety checks you say are going to be put in place...your lying minister...the supermarkets are lying...and the UK DEFRA dept is so quiet over all this that their silence is becoming deafaning...I'm happy though...I eat and will always eat well and know where my food and my families food is coming from....The rest of you are being lied to big time...

Oh, sorry, mods please move me and Victor to one of the other threads..

And me and Victor, congragulate once more Biak and Belasar....What have they got again...oh yes...but don't give Biak any keys...and keep Belasar away from the forum Xmas menu planning...

13. belasar

belasar Court Jester Staff Member

Is Victor and urqh saying Biak and I are rancid mystery meat?

Can't we send them to the Village

14. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

That's what I was beginning to wonder. What were the deeper meanings behind the horsemeat discussion? I have long suspected that those two are Illuminati sent here to control our thought here on this forum. Its a vast conspiracy. Men in black dispatched by these two will soon be visiting both of you to explain your duties, restrictions and the resulting actions you can expect for non-compliance. They sent them to Brad's house, they didn't come back. They sent more, they too disappeared. Brad had to take his wood chipper in for service.

15. Biak

Biak Adjutant

Oh how appropriate, my first action as a Mod' (removed double post) and it concerns Urgh, Victor & horse meat. Go figure.

16. Victor Gomez

Victor Gomez Ace

Sorry B and B, I should speak directly congratulating you on being picked as moderators and I will try to behave for your threads as much as I can.....I am embarrassed now that others have to speak for me....means I am not so good at conveying things:eek:......but being illuminati is a heavy burden.....it is like a firecracker, if it don't blow up on the ground(taking fingers) it may launch and can be a dud in the air but either way if it finds ignition, it burns out quick and falls to the ground starting forest fires or house fires. Oh but I always stick to the subject at hand......it is no fault of my own that what I see and join in on..... is often obtusely related to the subject......I have become attracted to that, watching Rogue's comments on the side....I am learning... but I, like many,.... pick up the bad habits first. All of us would learn a lot if we were to study sausage making more thoroughly to witness first hand what we expressly like to say and eat and what we actually put away with great vigor as carnivores. As I eat too much and am constantly trying to cut back....I dream a lot about foods and eating causing me to be "participant material" in meat eating discussions. Oh and don't worry about removing the double post..........it means that just mention of my name in the post is partial reason enough to remove said item.:eek:

17. urqh

Victor just said congrats again....See me and Victor gel...bit like sausage and HORSEraddish sauce.

18. Biak

Biak Adjutant

Thanks Guys.
    I learn so much from the both of you! :)
    I think :confused:
    No Really I do.
    I think.

19. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Whoops - almost missed this thread entirely. Congratulations to Biak and Belasar, and many happy moderations to you both ! :p

20. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper Patron  

The B's and me are like this +. ..Bella has me already listed as the next of kin. ...So...I figure I just rose a couple ranks, without the actual acknowledgement. I'm cool with that... the colour of my sky is meteor orange.

Kudos for a couple hard writing dudes...
    3 cheers:
    Hipphiphooray!
    Hipphiphooray!
    Hipphiphooray!