Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

NEW UNPUBLISHED MANUSCRIPT

Discussion in 'Book Swap' started by clem660, Aug 23, 2014.

1. clem660

clem660 New Member

Hi all
    I am new to this forum, having been on WWi forum
    I served from 1962, (as soon as I was old enough) until 1975, so I suppose I am a sprog to a lot of you.
    Since I retired in 2009 with severe arthritis and partial sight I have taken up my hobby of painting. I showed a painting to a collegue in the RBL and ended up painting several different Army Crests.
    To cut a long story short, I found it difficult to obtain the information I needed in one book or web site, so I decided to create my own.

An Illustrated Guide To British Army Crests 1633 - 2010 took 3 years to finish, 445 pages of crests/Badges with formation dates, name/title changes, amalgamations and disbandments, Mottoes translated, and nickname origins The Paintings are A4 size in colour acrylics. I have sold 5 so far to associations at a cost of £45 inc p+p and have donated 10% of profits to the Army Benevolent Fund

If anyone would like a copy I have a few left. I can send email attachments to give a better idea

2. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Howdy. You're certainly no sprog to me. I was not born yet in 1962.

3. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

That sounds like a very useful and worthy piece of work!

I'd suggest you create a version for an Ebook and self-publish on Amazon. I think you'd sell a lot of them!

4. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Quite an impressive feat. I was born in 1947, so we're probably contemporaries. I'm not sure about purchasing your volume, but I would appreciate an email showing some of what you have. My email is louisrusso at psualum.com.

5. clem660

clem660 New Member

Hi Lou
    Will send you some of the details let me know if any Regt (Regular)army you interested in
    Barry

6. LRusso216

No Regt in particular. I'm just interested in what you have produced.

7. LRusso216

I got your email with a sample of what you have produced. All I can say is it's simply amazing. You certainly have produced a masterpiece. While I have no need for the whole book, I can see where it would be useful, especially to our British kin. I would suggest that that you register at our sister site ww2talk.com. They have a more British/Continental bent and your book may fire some interest there.