Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

New world war 2 movies & series

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by Vinnerzz, Sep 6, 2015.

1. lwd

lwd Ace

I'm 63 now and unfortunatly weighing in at well over my ideal weight but have actually made some progress that way. I did have the privledge of growing up with quite a few vets to look up to. Living in a small town where outdoor activities were common helped a lot even when I was growing up. Probably a good thing for me the PC didn't come along until after I graduated from college.

2. Vinnerzz

Vinnerzz Member

Those were the old days sir :) And afcourse you will over ur ideal weight you are 63 years old sir. You are not the youngest anymore. Maybe u are already a grand dad. But did ur dad also were training? like lifting weights? or something i mean 5'8 and 180 lbs quite heavy. He was pretty strong i think.

3. lwd

lwd Ace

He grew up on a wheat farm in Saskatchwan. My grandparents homesteaded a place up there. At some point they at least had access to a steam tractor but used horses for a lot of the work while he was growingup. I know I have a pretty heavy bone structure as well. When I was in grad school I was only 10 lbs over my ideal weight at the time (as determined by skin fold measurements) at 195. Even at over 250 if i exhale I sink in high shool and college I couldn't float but loved to swim.

4. Vinnerzz

Vinnerzz Member

Really nice sir. what abt ur grand dad was he strong? he was a farmer?

5. lwd

lwd Ace

My grandfather (on my father side) along with my grandmother moved up to Saskatchwan from Iowa to homestead a wheat farm. I assume he was but he died in the late 30's a decade and a half or so before I was born so I never met him and can't say for sure.

6. Vinnerzz

Vinnerzz Member

Oh too bad sir :( Well this is life... We must know if we came on earth we will go also. But you know what im so wondering about sir. I live in Holland but people here are weak. Even the old men are weak. I dont say all of them are weak but most of them are i went once to Usa(Florida) And New York. And i see those old man they are tough as stone they work they lift heavy bags without any help. How does this come is it an American thing or something.

7. lwd

lwd Ace

Well I hazard a guess that where you are you were seeing the healthy ones. They are the ones still out doing things after all the ones with the health problems don't get out as much especially in areas like Florida where the heat can be a real killer. New York can be pretty bad at times as well as far as extreme weather goes. The anti smoking campaign here in the US may be having an impact as well. All of which may get us into a stump conversation if we aren't careful. We're also rather wandering off topic in this one. Perhaps better to take it to a thread in the Free Fire Zone or PM.

8. Vinnerzz

Vinnerzz Member

Alright sir. I agree with u i PM u.