Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

New Zealand Army - World War 2

Discussion in 'North Africa and the Mediterranean' started by GillyNZ, Oct 28, 2015.

1. GillyNZ

GillyNZ New Member

Hello,

I am researching the movements of my Grandfather in World War 2, he was part of the [SIZE=12pt]NZE div (Engineers). Below is what I have been able to decipher from the records so far. I would love some help if anyone can offer any information. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I am looking for help with regards to what/where the 10 Royal Constabulary Company would have been in 1942 as there is very little listed for that year, and I cant find much online about this unit. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]It appears he was in hospital/field ambulance for a time, is there anyway to find out why? Or where this would have been?[/SIZE]
    Some of the wording is hard to read or doesn't make much sense, so any comments on the information below would be great.
    The [SIZE=11pt]embarked and disembarked dates only seem to match with "[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Fourth Māori Reinforcements", I am unsure why he would have gone to Egypt with the Maori reinforcements. (He wasn't Maori, he was born in Ireland) Would anyone know?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]29 Jan 1941 Marched out Transferred 1st posting to 10 Royal Constabulary Company[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=9pt]30 Jan 1941 Marched in posted from RFTS (Reinforcement ?) [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=9pt]5 July 1941 Admitted 11 Field Ambulance[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=9pt]7 July 1941 Discharged 11 Field Ambulance to Unit With effect from..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=9pt]17 August 1941 Applied Lance Corporal [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=9pt]24 September 1941 Granted rank of Lance Corporal [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=9pt]7 November 1941 Marched in: Base RD or RN? Nisel ? - Middle East[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=9pt]12 November 1941 Marched Out: Base RD or RN? To imgo omd tmng rebatuif ? ([/SIZE]Operational Management Document?)
    [SIZE=9pt]26 November 1941 Marched in: from NZ Royal Company GP Reinforcements posted to 10th Royal Constabulary Company, New Zealand[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=9pt]6 August 1942 Admitted 5 3 03h Gen Hospital[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=9pt]30 August 1942 Discharged 1 coner (?) department. To 10 roy.cons.coy [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=9pt]Revert to Ranks AOR 21 September 1942[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=9pt]Corrigendum R040 Delete all reference[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=9pt]21 June 1943 [/SIZE]Returned to ranks at own request 10 NZ Royal Constabulary Company
    [SIZE=9pt]16 August 1943 Marched Out: to fd HQ 2NZ Div Sigs ([/SIZE]10 NZ Royal Constabulary Company)
    [SIZE=9pt]Marched Out: to NZ engingers - dep NZE DIV [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=9pt] Cossig ref rfd 35-24.8.43 Delete All[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=9pt]18 September 1943 NZE RLY COTN TO XIV NZE DIV[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=9pt]20 September 1943 Marched out: 10 ynz fld coy s10xivnze[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=9pt] From 10/nz rly const coy to eng dep div[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Thank you to anyone who can help me! [/SIZE]

2. green slime

green slime Member

Why wouldn't he be shipped out with the Fourth Maori Reinforcements? I can imagine the Maoris complaining, but there was a war on!

Could you post an original scan of the document(s)?

3. GillyNZ

GillyNZ New Member

Hello,

I just wondered why he wouldn't have been sent out earlier with the unit he is listed with, rather than the Maori's, maybe just because he enlisted later? I don't know.

Yes I will get it scanned and attach it.