Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Normandy battle link .......Hill 112

Discussion in 'Western Europe 1943 - 1945' started by Erich, Jun 17, 2001.

1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Guys :

I quite stumbled on this link by accident.....I was checking several books on Hill 112 in Panzers in Normandy, then and now and Wilhelm Tieke's 9th and 10th SS Pz. Divisions, also, The big Tiger book, volume 2. Thought I would punch up www.hill112.com and see what might be covered, and lo and behold a very nice site with a memorial to this all important battle. After breezing through this site I went over to feldgrau.com and someone there was looking for maps dedicated to this very smae battle and a response to it with the same URL that I have given........

check it out, it is quite interesting.

E.

2. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Erich thanks.

Is this site more of a memorial site or a history site. I'm kind of unsure where to place it. What's your opinion?

3. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Otto :

I would consider this to be you're call on this one. There is minimal coverage of the British point of view of the Hill action, with one familiar pic of Tiger kommandeurs, Fey, Glagow and Esser in front of one of the Tiger I's of SS Schw. Pz. Abt. 502. So really nothing about the German defence except to say that it was incredibly tough.
    3 separate pages on the memorial......why, past and present. The memorial itself and the chaps that came up with the idea.
    Otto, I see this thing with many possibilities and could easily grow if the chap would broaden it out with more of the background of the battle from the end of June to August 1, 44. If you have time take a gander over to it and give me your thoughts. It has a gust book as well, which I think I will sign, and maybe we can get some more info........

E. :D :D

4. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Erich, thanks for the input. I'll leave it as a memorial untill I see any nore growth in the history section of the site.

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Dear Erich--thanks for the link--checked it out and is a cool site. It looks more as a memorial site though--just my 2 pfennigs worth.

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

I think you are both right. did you by chance read the guestbook ? Notice a certain son of a GErman Tiger gunner there ?.......hee, hee, the same squadron as Will Fey.

E.

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Willi Fey Eh??, I will have to go check it out again and look. :D

8. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Carl :

The guys dad was a gunner in Panzer # 132. The same staffel I would say as Fey. And if the father is alive, probably knows Willi fairly well don't you think ?

:cool:

E.