Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Norway under attack

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Jaeger, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Ulrich

anything is Bayerische is possible .............. light-hearted this thread needs to be

yes I know what you are talking about the meds are taking effect

2. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

3. Jaeger

Jaeger Ace

He won't end up in Halden, not with the crimes he has done.

AND

If our justice system is so fouled up, how come we are not beset with murderers and rapists?

To be honest the rapport from FP was suggestive to say the least. Showing Halden prison our newest, and pilot project, and pass it as a standard prison is quite frankly appaling journalism.

I do appreciate that the differences between the US and Europe (let alone Norway) are huge, but to use a tragedy such as this to promote a politcal agenda is detestable.

If this thread is going to deteriorate to light banter on the peculiarity of the Bavarian accent or right wing sniping I would prefer that it was closed down.

I come from a small community of 10,000 souls and young lady at 18 yrs is still missing presumed dead. I have difficuleties at seeing the event as a source for lightheartedness.

-Monty.

urqh likes this.
  4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

sometimes light heartedness as you call it is the best medicine Jaeger in the time of grief. when we saw friends killed before our eyes in Nam and in the mideast we had to joke to counter the insanity and keep on pressing forward. yes I know this is slightly on a different level but in effect one when fool goes bizerk in the name of something that he has no clue about it is in reality war and a sinful act against all humanity in this case your wonderful country.

the question now is what will your parliament do to meet out justice for it's people ?

5. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

CouldnĀ“t find those words, Erich! Its exactly what i meant.

6. RAM

RAM Member

7. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

I read that this killer went to the plastic surgery to get his face right so that he would look good in the pics after the killings... O my God...

8. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I think I'm pulling out of this thread, the more we talk about him, the more publicity he gets.

9. turkishwolf

turkishwolf Childish Member

if i remember true this norwegian terrorist will be in prison for just 21 years.
    coz in Norway most long punishment 21 years. I remember black metal band as call burzum vocalist varg vikernes.
    When he killed another black metal band mayhem's vocalist he become punished by 21 years. But after 14 years he is free now.

10. RabidAlien

RabidAlien Ace

Well, that's the law in that country, gotta abide by it. So, he serves 21 years for the first victim. Then serves 21 years for the second victim. Then serves 21 years for the third.....etc etc.

11. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I certainly hope that is the way it works. But, as you said, it is their nation, they can have whatever laws they want.

12. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Aterrorist is a terrorist is a terrorist..there are no justifications..be they muslim...catholic as I know most of my time...right wing..left wing...murderers ...all...no political or economic justification for murder is acceptable...his uniforms and medals are masonic..knights templar...30000 of them in uk alone ..Attached to masons...there is no excuse..no justification..except by warped minds..no defence even if it should fit your own views loosely..terrorism is murder I for one care not the colour or creed..left or right..condolances jaeger.

von Poop and Jaeger like this.
  13. RabidAlien

RabidAlien Ace

One has to wonder, though...how many of these mass-shootings would have happened if there had been armed citizens (or the frikkin GUARD, for cryin out loud) around? If even a tenth of the people on that island...or the adults, at any rate...had been armed and carrying, would he have even bothered? Guys like this only attack those who cannot defend. You don't see them going up to a militiamen compound in the Rockies somewhere and start banging away. He might get one or two by surprise, but after that he's lead-lined Swiss cheese. Fort Hood is a "no carry" base (which makes zero sense to me), so it was attacked. Almost attacked twice, as a matter of fact. Sorry, I really do feel sympathy for those who were involved, or who knew someone who was involved, but I have to wonder if all of these "progressive gun controls" might not have actually contributed. The bad guys will get guns, no matter what the laws say. When the good guys can't, though....

Sorry, off my soapbox now.

14. TiredOldSoldier

TiredOldSoldier Ace

In this specific instance having a trained amed guard locally could have reduced the size of the tragedy but let's not turn this into a gun law debate, it's too early to understand what, if anything, could have been done to prevent the tragedy.
    The problem is that crackpots and terrorists have surprise on their side, and that's a bigger "force mutiplier" than any gun.

von Poop and urqh like this.
  15. RabidAlien

RabidAlien Ace

No worries, I was just airing some thoughts.

16. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but how did a person with these politica views get onto a private island set up for the opposing political party/beliefs without being challenged?

17. Jaeger

Jaeger Ace

1. Norway is a free country.

2. He used Police uniform, and id.

von Poop and brndirt1 like this.
  18. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

I just saw a disturbing bit of news, that the wing-nut Phelps and his cult church are planning to travel to Norway and protest the funerals. I hope with my deepest heart-felt desire that the Norwegian government will not grant them the necessary papers to do this. Don't let these goof-balls in, they are the worst representation of American "freedoms", and not representative of any more people than the Phelps family itself, and only want publicity.

Keep them out of your lovely nation, home of my grandparents.

19. Jaeger

Jaeger Ace

Don't worry Clint.

We'll give them a big hug when they arrive. After all it says in the good book to turn the other cheek and all that.

20. Clementine

Clementine Member

Great, first the Glenn Beck comment and now the lunatics of the Westboro Baptist Church. Not how I want our country to be represented. (Why is it that just because we have the Freedom of Speech every nutcase out there seems to think it is a requirement? Really, just because you can, doesn't mean you have to.)

I want to ramble about the ignorance of the WBC but find that I have run out of words to accurately describe my disgust. When I read their statement that God sent the shooter to punish Norway "for its sins," I found them to truly be too stupid for words.

Again, condolences to our friends in Norway for this tragedy.

brndirt1 likes this.