Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Nuremberg Trials

Discussion in 'What Granddad did in the War' started by McClain, Apr 2, 2016.

1. McClain

McClain New Member

My grandpa was stationed in Japan. He was also a guard at the Nuremberg Trials, was anybody else's relative's at the Nuremberg Trials? I have a picture of my Grandpa and his Battalion. They are holding a flag that says B 137, does that mean 137th Battalion?

2. McClain

McClain New Member

Hi I'm new at this but does anybody remember my grandpa his name was Clyde Albert McClain he served in Japan and at the Nuremberg Trials. I would appreciate it.

3. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Assuming he was in the infantry, B 137 would likely indicate Company B, 137th Infantry Regiment (Companies A thru D would be in the 1st Battalion of the 137th). The 137th only saw action in the ETO and was not at the Nuremberg Trials. Having said that, that does not mean your grandfather was not. More would need to be known of his service. It was not unusual for soldiers to serve in more than one unit especially toward the end of and after the War.

Here is a partial roster of the 137th. If you find his name on it, that would at least confirm that at least part of his service was with the 137th.

Skipper likes this.
  4. TD-Tommy776

I moved your post in the other topic here. Unfortunately, I didn't see it until after I replied to this topic. I looked through the 137th roster and didn't see his name.

5. TD-Tommy776

If this is the Find a Grave memorial for your grandfather, Clyde Albert McClain (1927-1967), he would have been 18 in 1945. It is possible he could have been involved in occupation duty in Germany and/or Japan.

Another option has occurred to me regarding the flag. It is possible that it is a training photo. In fact, I did find a reference to a 137th Training Battalion out of Camp Hood, Texas.