Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Obama-Nation

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Wolfy, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrian Wainer

Adrian Wainer Dishonorably Discharged

But the Islamofascists are the official religious establishment in Saudi Arabia, how are Saudi Royal Family going to challenge that and it is quite possible they would not want to because they are in ideological agreement with them. Wahhabism which is the official religion of Saudi Arabia and Islamofascism are one and the same thing. That is a standard mistake that people who play power politics make, they create Frankenstein monsters and lose control of them, the Classic example of this was the introduction of Lenin in to Russia by Germans. Like Germany had an Emperor one would think the most stupid thing one could possibly do if you a monarch is to pull down the another Monarch via fomenting a Communist putsch, it is my understanding that the Austrian Emperor gave an opinion that given choice between seeking peace terms from the Allies and unleashing Lenin on Russia, it would be better to seek peace terms and he got over-ruled.

Well I though that was writing a reply to a question how knowledgeable I was about Islam, not as what terrorist would make of the various strands of Islam

None, of that makes sense to me, funding by a foreign power of religious institutions is something which no country can afford to ignore, this issue must have arisen in the run up to Pearl Harbor, when there had to be a threat that the Third Reich would seek to influence US Churches, with a significant German American congregation.

http://www.danielpipes.org/article/3437

http://www.freedomhouse.org/template.cfm?page=138&report=45

http://www.freedomhouse.org/uploads/special_report/45.pdf

Nazism grew out of a sense of what it means to be German that is for sure but Nazism is such a concoction of bizarre items I could hardly calls it a nationalism and in every way it has the characteristic of religion. Well I do not suggest Islamofascism would take power in a European country as a popular movement amongst non-Muslims to convert to Islam, more that the Government would drift to giving Islam ever greater authority and position and that non-Muslim majorities would essentially become second class citizens in their own countries.

Best and Warm Regards
    Adrian Wainer

2. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate Ace

Well, something is wrong with your theory. If Wahabism is the official religion of Saudi Arabia and is equivalent to Islamofascism, why does the Islamofascist movement oppose the Saudi Royal Family which you claim is funding both Wahabism and Islamofascism? That just does not make any sense.

Comparing that situation to Germany introducing Lenin into Czarist Russia is a false analogy. The Germans were desperate to find a way to knock Russia out of the war; Saudi Arabia is not in any such desperate situation. Why would the Saudis want to fund a militant Islamic revolution which would be inherently antagonistic to their regime? What is their motivation? What do they gain? Why, now that they realize militant Islam is hostile to their regime, would they keep on funding it?

Yes, you were, but your response really was a non sequiter. What does anyone care that Wahabism is not really rooted in Islam? Islamofascism has moved well beyond considerations like that with it's militancy; it is interpreting Islam in ways that suits it's agenda whether traditional Islam supports those interpretations or not. The point I was trying to make is that Islam, and indeed, militant Islam, is composed of factions which may, or may not share the same agenda. Making generalizations about what their motives are is dangerous.

Well, perhaps that is because you aren't familiar with American politics. As far as I know, there were no overt attempts by the Federal government prior to WW II to curtail German influence in American churches, nor am I aware of any attempt by the German government to exert influence over American public opinion through funding of American churches or church affiliated organizations.

The Japanese government did supply funds to certain black organizations with church affiliations, in an attempt to influence these groups, gather information on race relations, and other matters, and exploit racial tensions. because the US was reading the Japanese diplomatic codes, the government was aware of these efforts, but beyond monitoring the people believed to be involved, made no moves against the organizations. Part of this was because the government did not want to tip it's hand as far as reading the Japanese diplomatic codes, but the issues of church-state relations and constitutional protections, were also a factor. Even after the war was over, no action was taken against the groups that had accepted Japanese funds.

Well, I think most people would certainly disagree with you that Nazism was not nationalistic in character and motivation. One of the most central themes of Nazism was the concept of "Volk"; the inherent superiority of the German culture and race. In my opinion it is a very far-fetched idea that muslim minorities would become so dominant in a democratic society as to be able to force the adoption of Islamic law, for instance. At best, the muslim minorities might be able to achieve a status as "protected" minorities, that is minorities to whom certain concessions are made as a matter of law. It would be extremely unlikely for that to happen because of certain constitutional provisions requiring equal treatment under the law. But I can confidently predict that the muslim culture, as practiced in Islamic countries will never be accepted here.

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Heh heh, one thing people can't say about me is, that i'm pc. ;-)) I'm sure their files on me are about a yard thick. Nothing serious cept that I openly admit-that I equally loathe-most politicians. Now as for some insane idiot doing harm against them-that i'm fully opposed to but, is it against any law-to wish that the undeserving politicians-which is probably above 80% of them, do not deserve their fame and fortunes. Personally, i'd love to see al gore, living on Skid Row. One thing that will most likely stun most folks here-is that I really do hope OLDD does some good-but if he fouls up--it's open season on :headbash:ing him-just like what the dems did to Bush for the past eight years.

4. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

they should on your file add that you need a taster when abroad because you don't trust foreign food :D

5. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Well, he's ticked off the CIA, the military and now the Dems. It has only been 3 days at that. I can't wait to see what happens when he goes after the NRA.

6. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

I've just finished reading Carls file....All the others had dust on em...his looks likes it has been accessed on a daily basis for updates.

Meat figures highly in his life...Yes I knew that...

Hillary is his least favourite name when picked out on a quiz poll on Novartis QuizPoll Generator

Under G for guns there are 79 pages and numerous diagrams....too much to look at for me..

Likes...all things American and tin hats n stuff...whatever that means..

Dislikes...yep its there...foreign food...apart from saurkraut or something...

Oh dear...bottom minuted.....not his the file....to be interviewed with regard to recent petition he orginised outside alamo building requiring John Wayne to be re buried in his rightful place within alamo walls....Specail agent 99 and 77 to keep watch on said carl whilst security to be heightened at grave site of John the Duke Wayne...who ever he is..

Last update....Carl was reported by agent 99 to be buying much digging equipment from local store and hiring 4wd toyota with attached M60 machine guns on tripods in rear.

Check of gun licence and amazingly....yep he is allowed to purchase them...

Carl...leave it.......

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Heh heh, that's for sure. I'm more finicky-than a Cat is when it comes to trying food that I can't pronounce the names of. ;-))

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

9. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Well in Texas they fed me with some dodgy food and names too , like Guacamole , I first thought it was an animal that lives under the ground , but when I saw it must have died months earlier, as it was all green and spicy :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PzJgr likes this.
  10. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Heh heh ;-D Also, is there a possible chance with Barbara Feldon (aka) Agent 99 ;-)) I'll leave it all alone for her ;-))

11. RAM

RAM Member

No, I'm afraid you are not joking..:(
    We have been through it before, with some jerk talking about "Peace in our Time", the "Broken Gun" movement and all that mumbo-jumbo.

Nazi's and islamic fundamentalists alike; with them you can't talk sense!

Load your guns boys, and prepare for the worst..:cool:

RAM

12. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

What, you mean you can see the 7th fleet from outside your window???

Carl...you need to call em back mate...

13. WotNoChad?

WotNoChad? Member

I think the title is an amusing pun. Is that what you meant? :confused:

14. Richard

Richard Expert

Time to get down to the betting shop and place a bet. ;) :D

15. Adrian Wainer

Adrian Wainer Dishonorably Discharged

Hi I am not ignoring, your points but the firefox browser for some reason has got very unstable and I tried to reply to your points twice and lost the whole document both times.

Best and Warm Regards
    Adrian wainer

16. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate Ace

No problem.

I had the same problem with Firefox earlier, but it seems to have cleared up.

Doesn't matter to me if you respond or not.

17. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Cmon now. This from someone living in the land of snails. Well, did you eat it? Also, did you have any barbacoa tacos? mmm, mmm good.

18. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Skipper, you would be best advised-to skip barbacoa-and stick with the Chili con Carne ;-))

19. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

C.Evans likes this.
  20. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Heh heh, just don't use the stuff that is made in Louisiana-that stuff is (in my best Cockney accent) is absolutely 'orrible-just 'orrible. ;-))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.