Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Obituaries

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Kai-Petri, Feb 12, 2012.

1. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

without looking for it I believe he was an active journalist during WW2, but that is all I will venture.

He passed away today, April 8th, 2012. I haven't seen it on the web or in print yet, but it was announced on CBS Sunday Morning News.

Rest in Peace Mr. Wallace, your journalism in both print and Television leaves a legacy of quality.

Just found this on the NY Times site...

Mike Wallace, a pioneer of American broadcasting who confronted leaders and liars for the newsmagazine “60 Minutes” for four decades, has died, CBS News said. He was 94.

His death was announced on CBS by the anchor of its Sunday morning program, Charles Osgood. The network did not immediately specify when or where he died. Mr. Wallace had been ill for several years.

Goto:

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/08/mike-wallace-60-minutes-pioneer-dies/

2. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

He was in the Navy but not sure of what he did.
    Rest in Peace Mr. Wallace

3. 36thID

36thID Member

To one of the very best, Mike Wallace. I enjoyed his work for decades.

4. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

5. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

RIP, Mike Wallace and my condolences to his family. His son, Chris, followed his father into journalism and works for Fox News.

6. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Ouch! The final results was the water was really hot when she obviously fell in it, like 66 degrees Celsius. Also " The autopsy concluded that the singer had drowned due to the effects of cocaine use and heart disease.The report also indicated the singer had a perforated nose, a sign of long-term substance abuse. "

Whitney Houston | Whitney Houston's Body Found In 'Scalding' Hot Water | Contactmusic

Nothing unexpectedly new really but still shocking.... :(

7. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

8. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

9. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

is in a coma and not expected to survive for long. I'm sorry, I mis-read this originally, and it was Andy Gibb and Maurice (Robin's twin) who died before. Barry Gibb survives yet. I was never a giant fan of their style, but must admit they were extremely talented as a family.

Goto:

Robin Gibb Gravely Ill In Hospital: Reports

10. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

He certainly wasn't my idol and I never bought his records, but I respect him for what he did.

11. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Sad to hear about this, I personally liked some later songs like " You win again" but I do respect their whole production in music businez.

12. Volga Boatman

Volga Boatman Dishonorably Discharged

Ahh! What fond memories! The Bee-Gee hair...the hairy chest and medals...the Bee-Gee teeth....that harmony that reminds one of testicular retrograde move back up the slot they descended from.....I mean, if you think it's easy, just try staying in tune with them the next time you put on your copy of "Staying Alive". If you can hit that note without grabbing your nuts and squeezing hard, you are part the way there. All you then need are the hair, teeth and chesty medals.....

13. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

14. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Sadly, there are few left like him. He was a great interviewer.

15. rkline56

rkline56 USS Oklahoma City CG5

16. rkline56

rkline56 USS Oklahoma City CG5

Spokesman Paul Shefrin said Clark had a heart attack Wednesday morning at Saint John's hospital in Santa Monica, where he had gone the day before for an outpatient procedure. Clark had continued performing even after he suffered a stroke in 2004 that affected his ability to speak and walk.

"Dick Clark was a true pioneer who revolutionized the way we listened to and consumed music," record executive Clive Davis said in a statement. "For me he ranks right up there with the giants of our business."
    For a time in the 1980s, he had shows on all three networks and was listed among the Forbes 400 of wealthiest Americans. Clark also was part of radio as partner in the United Stations Radio Network, which provided programs -- including Clark's -- to thousands of stations.

I thought he'd live to 100. You'll be sorely missed Mr. Clark.

17. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

Oh no. Another sign that the world will come to an end in December. No one to ring in the New Year.

All jokes aside, Rest in Peace. Our holidays will never be the same without you.

18. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

I'm from Philadelphia, so Dick Clark was part of me growing up. We had Bandstand on nearly every day while my younger sister danced his tunes with the 2nd floor banister. He will be missed.

19. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

That is sad to hear, of course I was wondering just how long the "forever young" Dick Clark could keep on "keepin' on". Rest in Peace Sir.

20. ColHessler

ColHessler Member

I'm a child of the '70s, and I remember AB well. It made for some fun Saturday mornings. I also remember the Pyramids game shows and The Challengers from '89 and '90.
    Dick, so long.:salute: