Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Off to College

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Smiley 2.0, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Takao

Takao Ace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwP6kIxf9wc

Best. Line. Ever.

A-58 and TD-Tommy776 like this.
  2. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

I'm kind of partial to Sheriff Buford T. Justice's line in Smokey and the Bandit ("what de hell is de wirl coming to"), but you're right, that one is the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h3PAIrthTc

3. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Smiles will always shine. Find the folks you are comfortable with. Relax. It will come, grasshopper.
    When you can snatch the pebble from my...DOH, not yet Smiles. There are 12 more episodes. Then you will find peace.

Smiley 2.0 likes this.
  4. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Well, maybe this one is just as good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-K0eyooQhY

5. Smiley 2.0

Smiley 2.0 Smiles

Hey y'all. It's been a while but I thought I'd give an update. Last week I joined a Christian organization that's on campus, with the aim of not just meeting new people but strengthening my faith as well. So far the past week has been filled with a lot of that. The people in this organization are some the nicest people I have met and I'm already starting to get involved with the services and bible studies that they have as well as the activities they have throughout the week. I'm very happy here. Also if there are any Cubs fans here, go Cubs!

Slipdigit likes this.
  6. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Well just scrub the Long Duc Dong video then....

7. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Good call, D!

8. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Hey Smiley, why don't you load up on some ROTC classes? They have that program in that college you're in right? The first two years worth of coursework is real easy. Real tough stuff like learning your left from your right, marching in a straight line, and is one stripe less than three stripes, that sort of thing. Easy A's for the GPA and great for the quality point acquisition. They do that on purpose just to sucker you in. The junior and senior years are tougher, but you'd have to commit to Uncle Sam to get that far. There you put all that learnin' they pounded into your head as a freshman and sophomore to work. Two years you're an officer and a gentleman. Just don't follow the Donger's footsteps and you'll be fine.

This'll give you a little insight into ROTC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dy2fo6E_pI

Smiley 2.0 likes this.
  9. Smiley 2.0

Smiley 2.0 Smiles

I know I've been gone for a long time but hope everyone Here on the forum is doing good. Classes are going pretty good. The Christian organization that I joined has been a big help and has been very supportive in the times that it has been tough. I'm starting to get those feelings of missing home but I have been pulling through. Bowling Green, KY has been getting a lot of rain lately, most likely maybe from Hurricane Patricia is what I believe.

Slipdigit likes this.
  10. toki2

toki2 Active Member

Glad to hear you are coping okay. As long as you feel comfortable in a group, you cannot go wrong. There will be ups and downs but every fresher experiences this. Be yourself !

11. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

That's good to hear, you're getting settled in and doing well. No go do your homework.

12. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

That's good to hear, you're getting settled in and doing well. No go do your homework.

13. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Yeah, homesick is real...Best cure: stay busy. ..Back in the day when i was a pup, you had to find a land line...now you can text or call anytime anywhere.

14. Smiley 2.0

Smiley 2.0 Smiles

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Being home and seeing my dogs and family is by far the best way to be celebrating Thanksgiving. It is so great to be home! :)

Otto likes this.
  15. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Happy thanksgiving smiley! Glad you are keeping in touch.

Smiley 2.0 likes this.
  16. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

What Otto said !! Happy Thanksgiving, great time to be with family and dogs !! Glad you are staying in touch and glad you found a group that will balance out any influence you may have picked up here !! :) :) Kidding of couse, you are missed here.

17. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Got finals coming up pretty soon to eh? Lots of late night cramming sessions on the horizon. Ice down some Monster Energy drinks and get some popcorn and find a comfortable spot to hunker down. No TV, Xbox or PS2 for you dude.

18. lwd

lwd Ace

I found that a good nights sleep often did me more good than staying up all night craming.

Smiley 2.0 likes this.
  19. Smiley 2.0

Smiley 2.0 Smiles

That's what I decided I'd do last night, and it was one of the best decisions I made. I woke up rejuvenated and awake and ready. And when I took the exams today I was feeling very confident. Last night there were so many people in the library studying and it was around 10:00 pm (Central Time) by the time that I left. A good nights sleep helps a ton. Well I have two days off to study for my last two exams on Thursday and listen to some oldies Christmas music. Then after the last exam on Thursday I'll be on my way home! WKUs winter break lasts for almost two months so I'll be home for a while :)

20. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Glenn Millers Moonlight Serenade, my friend. Not really Christmas music, but very soothing.