Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Oh nothing really just wanted to share

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Biak, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

[h=1]7-DAY FORECAST[/h]
    • Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -37. Calm wind.
    • Thursday A 40 percent chance of snow after noon. Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 0. Wind chill values between -25 and -35. Light south wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
    • Thursday Night Snow. Low around -7. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
    • Friday A 30 percent chance of snow before noon. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 5. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 10 to 15 mph in the morning.
    • Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -19. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.

only 3 more months, only 3 more months, only 3 more months

Kendusimmus and blutoubtemium like this.
  2. 36thID

36thID Member

That's colder than my ex wife !

3. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

It's 40 degrees and raining here in Alaska. Actually, that's pretty typical weather here in the Alaskan banana belt.

4. Biak

According to the National Weather Service it only got down to minus 33. We stayed warmer here (if my indoor/outdoor thermometer is working) at minus 22 overnight. -15 now. Expected to be in the upper 20's by Sunday. Yippee, shorts and t-shirt weather :D

5. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Just keep thinking that lt's only 2 1/2 weeks until pitchers and catchers report.

6. Biak

Way down South maybe. Ever try hitting a snowball with an aluminum bat? Wouldn't be so bad but with all the snow on the lake I can't even get the clubs out and smack a few golf balls. Hit one last Winter 535 yards across the ice!

7. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

It was 72 for the high today, and it will be 55 for the low. Right now it's a real nice 65 degrees. Not too bad for winter, but I wished it would cool off a bit so the mosquitoes won't come out of hiding and attack. There is a 30% chance of showers tomorrow with a high of 76!

8. Biak

Gee, I feel so sorry for ya'. Those darn mosquitoes. It's warmed up nicely today, almost made it to zero. Now it's snowing.

9. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Yeah it's tough sometimes. Next week the weeds will be poking up through the leaves so I can hop on my yard tractor and spend a couple of hours burning stogies, listening to the ipod and enjoying the ride! Might be able to work on the tan a bit. The smoke from the stogies should run the skeeters off though, so don't worry too much about me dood.

10. Biak

I hear ya'. We'll be in the lower 20's next week and I need to get the tractor thawed out and widen the road a bit. Snows piled up pretty good along the edges. Good time to enjoy a cigar too. I got a new toy to play with today, brand new power ice auger !! No more trying to hand drill through 24 inches of ice to get to those fish.

11. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Not quite as warm here, but then you are closer to the swimming pool than we are.

12. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

It's been pretty cold here in Southern Ontario the past few days. It was about -30 degrees (Celsius...that's about -22 degrees Fahrenheit) on Tuesday morning, with a relatively strong wind. For the first time in a few years, I couldn't even get my truck to turn over. I guess its time to plug in the block heater again.

Now I'm just waiting for some snow. That warm spell we had last week melted most of the white stuff, and despite a few flurries earlier in the week, its pretty green here. There's apparently a storm forecast for tomorrow afternoon. I don't mind the cold as long as there's a lot of snow with it!

13. Biak

You're having about the same as we're having, "officially" it was -33F about ten miles away at the weather station. We have had snow on the ground since the beginning of December. I think, it's been a long winter already. :confused: Expecting another six inches or so by Sunday.
    Alan, One nice thing about the weather up here - it's a 'dry' cold! :D

14. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

That's lovely Minnesota for ya. Frostbite in the winter and mosquitoes in the summer. I'm in the "sun belt" of the state. We only got down to minus 14 earlier this week. Now its about 10 degrees F. I'm getting to old for this stuff.

15. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

That comes in handy except during hurricane season.

16. Biak

Last night on the News the "weather guy" said " Man it's really going to be nice this weekend. Highs in the 20's will make it feel like it's in the 80's after what we've had the last week or so" ! Then " Enjoy this weekend, the cold will return next week but still not that bad with the lows expected to be only in the minus teen's." His use of "only" was in the good context !

17. Biak

This is nothing more than a minor irritation;
    From the National Weather forecast;

• Tonight Snow showers likely with patchy blowing snow before 2am, then a slight chance of snow showers between 2am and 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -11. Wind chill values between -20 and -30. Northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
    • Tuesday Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 2. Wind chill values between -25 and -35. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
    • Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -22. Wind chill values between -30 and -35. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
    • Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 10. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph in the afternoon.
    • Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -5. East wind around 5 mph.
    • Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 19.

Dog on the floor resting her head on my feet, double Scotch with three ice cubes by my side, the Andrews Sisters in my ears & reading the posts on WW2f. Life is good.

18. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

I guess the Biak Recovery Fund didn't work out? I demand my 16 cents back!

For that one person (hopefully) that cares about the weather here in Ontario, its been cold the past few days (-15C at night -- about 5F), but tomorrow we are supposed to get some rain. So much for snow in the "winter".

19. Biak

"George", The BRF fell apart faster than the search for those Spitfires in Burma! I already spent the 16 cents, put it toward the consolation party Black Label purchase. But if you're ever near here I'll pour you a glass.
    The wind is howling, snow is blowing back and forth and it's colder than a well diggers posterior but there's nowhere else I'd rather be. Air is crisp and clean, Stars are bright enough you can walk in the woods by their light and the Solitude is great.

20. Victor Gomez

Victor Gomez Ace

Stay warm.........avoid frostbite.....keep that extra cold weather away from me, keep it in your neck of the woods.....my bones have ached enough this winter....even if you hear la llorona calling for you in your solitude............well I am sure she is just a myth if you walk along a cold river bank. Anyway, she may be calling for someone else.:rolleyes: