Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Oh nothing really just wanted to share

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Biak, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

I guess after all these years it is good to have the almost real thing still in shape. During the years many rusted to useless scrap metal for being outside all year long.
    Reminds me when old veterans held an exhibition with two Stugs. They saved our country but there were people ranting against war just next to the veterans. I felt like going to them and buying a one-way ticket to Siberia if they wanted.

Prospero Quevedo and Half Track like this.
  2. Biak

Biak Adjutant Staff Member Patron  

Aww, Man ! After a gallon of PBR I was ready to unleash. Being from the Land Of 10,000 lakes and more gravel roads than paved I can relate to Finland ! Must build sauna !!
    The Swamp still active ?

Please move Tamino (whatever) to the dungeon/swamp so we can have fun. Thank ya.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
  3. Biak

Does this count ? New Ukraine postage stamp.

upload_2022-4-3_21-30-49.png

Kai-Petri and Prospero Quevedo like this.
  4. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Well-Known Member

How cool saw this vid about a IL2 a rare one that's is being restored after being salvaged from a lake. It's a rare single seat most were a two seat. Had to look hard for pics of one could only find a model of one looks cool need to add that to my conversion list unless they make a kit but all kits I've seen are the two seater in 144 scale.
    Wow a collector stamp already

5. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Wow he shows the finger, actually. Quite brave.

Prospero Quevedo likes this.
  6. Takao

Takao Ace

Kai-Petri likes this.
  7. Biak

Also the "Vasily Bykov" .

8. Takao

Takao Ace

Is the patrol boat that participated, but it is a Slava-class on the stamp.

Slava class cruiser
    [​IMG]

9. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

What a brave chap, I say.

10. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

QANTAS (Queensland and Northern Territory Air Service) - Releases different versions of Peter Allen's "I still call Australia home" - One of our many unofficial national anthems. They are always welcomed by Australians - Its written by someone who is overseas (Australians like to travel for work and play) and no matter how long they stay overseas the pull of Australia is strong...This is their latest advertisement, opening up again after Covid.

And i found this...The Japanese love Australia.

11. Prospero Quevedo

Back to the winter war and the continuation and Lapland wars of Finland. It's a fact that Russians executed polish POWs why because their just plain murderous thugs. Did they treat Finnish POWs the same I've tried looking it up but haven't found much as yet. However considering their trach record I'd say they probably did

12. Biak

We want to express our support for Ukraine and, in that way, show that most of the world thinks that it is totally wrong for a superpower to invade the independent democratic country that Ukraine has become,” Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour.

USMCPrice and Kai-Petri like this.
  13. Prospero Quevedo

Do you think the Russians torturing and murdering POWs and civilians in the Ukraine is out of anger and frustration that they are getting repelled by such a smaller nation. Like the Ukrainian forces are not even a tenth of what Russia has yet they are pretty much kicking their asses. Go Ukraine beat their asses and send them packing. The aero vids are just crazy roads lined with wrecked AFVs. Well there won't be a shortage of steel for rebuilding. All those burned buildings will have to be demoed as the fire will have weaked the structures. Basically some cities will have to be completely razed and built from scratch. The whole world should bar Russia from any trade and further depress their economy. They won't be able to afford to wage war or even barely afford to arm themselves I still wonder what china is up to this might be a prefect time for them to take land they have disputed with Russia. I don't think Russia could do much, but china another country with a huge army is said to have à poorly trained army so who knows maybe they'd fall on their face too

14. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

It ties into a comment I made (several times) in the last ten years….that there are only a small number of true professional and functional militaries in the world…parading your weapons is one thing…being able to hold all the balls in the air at the same time takes plenty of practice…not just against a fake enemy…I made the remark a while ago that, thanks to the USA, Australia is battle fit…we know what our people can and will do…what our equipment can and will do…having an army, navy and Air Force is one thing…getting them to act as one and destroy an enemy is quite another…leadership, training and discipline is lacking in less than professional militaries…are we seeing this with Russia? Would we see this with China?

Takao and Kai-Petri like this.
  15. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

I believe you are a bad people to do that if you were good never. Bad people deserve the same treatment.

16. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

I believe you are a bad people to do that if you were good never. Bad people deserve the same treatment.

17. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Great NHL games tonight for free: Dallas vs New Jersey and then Nashville vs Colorado.
    I love Hockey and as we won the Olympic gold we are even more talking about Hockey and our players.

Half Track likes this.
  18. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

https://www.ntnews.com.au/news/nort...-crocs/video/1521ece1c16c33e17c99ed79b588babe

Footage of a buffalo charging two crocs who are very interested in this animal walking along the bank...Buffs will charge anything...

I remember fishing in Arnhem land back in the early 80s...we got bogged in a buff wallow (all mud) whilst spinning the wheels we spotted the big fella who didn't like us in his wallow and charged our 4x4 "BOOM" into the side of the car...my brother and i were in the back looking down at the buff hooking into the car right next to me...i would have been about 9 and was yelling at my step father to floor it! He was trying...he told us to jump up and down...my brother and I looked at each other and shrugged and began jumping up and down in the back...the wheels dug in and we pulled out of the wallow...the big buff ran us off his property...

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
    Prospero Quevedo likes this.
  19. Prospero Quevedo

Well if India is accurate on their report in that border clash china has some training and work to do

20. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Last week, Indian PM Narendra Modi told US President Joe Biden that India was ready to ship food to the rest of the world following supply shocks and rising prices due to the war in Ukraine.

Ukraine war: Can India feed the world?

Russia and Ukraine are two of the world's major wheat exporters and account for about a third of global annual wheat sales. The two countries also account for 55% of the global annual sunflower oil exports, and 17% of exports of maize and barley. Together, they were expected to export 14 million tonnes of wheat and over 16 million tonnes of maize this year, according to UNFAO.

"The supply disruptions and threat of embargo facing Russia means that these exports have to be taken out of the equation. India could step in to export more, especially when it has enough stocks of wheat," says Upali Galketi Aratchilage, a Rome-based economist at UNFAO.

India is the second biggest producer of rice and wheat in the world. As of early April, it had 74 million tonnes of the two staples in stock. Of this, 21 million tonnes have been kept for its strategic reserve and the Public Distribution System (PDS), which gives more than 700 million poor people access to cheap food.