Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Oh nothing really just wanted to share

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Biak, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

The swans stay longer and longer over here..
    [​IMG]

TD-Tommy776, Half Track and Biak like this.
  2. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Thanks Kai & CAC !

Yeah we like it here. Quiet & Peaceful.

3. Biak

Just heard the Trumpeter Swans yesterday. Spring is almost here. There were two on the ice this morning.

4. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

I can see what you mean...I don't have to tell you the Bald eagle is a magnificent creature (i'm following a nesting pair on face book) Always thought it deserved a better name than "Bald" eagle...that's just me.
    The Territory has many raptors from Owls, Eagles, Falcons, Hawks and Kites...We have the Brahmany Kite, usually reminds me of the Bald eagle...

[​IMG]

The Northern Territory's bird is the Wedge Tail Eagle...it sits atop our coat of arms and protects it from all comers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I spose its not surprising that our AWACS are called Wedge Tail...they fly high and see all.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    Kai-Petri likes this.
  5. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Very entertaining...

Hard core drummer at kids party

6. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Biak and CAC like this.
  7. Biak

When we lived in Illinois my wife and I would make the trip to Keokuk every winter to see the Eagles. One trip, just south of the bridge to Missouri on the ill-annoy side, we counted over 89 one day. All gathered within about a quarter mile on the Missouri side.

OpanaPointer likes this.
  8. OpanaPointer

Love them birds!

9. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Well this is an opportunity to showcase the Wedgetail Eagle and one of Australia’s greatest musical talents...Ross Wilson formed two big Australian bands...Daddy Cool and then Mondo Rock. A true music legend whom I met briefly when I was young. He was stuck in Darwin many years ago and worked at the Vic Hotel to earn enough money to get back to Melbourne...he was inspired by the Territory’s Wedge Tail eagles and began writing ‘Eagle Rock’ in Darwin and finished it in Melbourne.
    It was a huge hit, still played today. Elton John said the song inspired him to write ‘crocodile rock’.
    You will see the Wedge Tail in this clip...

OpanaPointer likes this.
  10. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Finnish Australians (Finnish: Australiansuomalaiset) are Australian citizens of Finnish ancestry or Finland-born people who reside in Australia. According to Finnish estimates, there are approximately 30,000 Australians of Finnish ancestry, and about 7,500 Finland-born Finns residing in Australia.

Finnish Australians

CAC likes this.
  11. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Kai-Petri and OpanaPointer like this.
  12. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Wow! Thanx!! I do not know how I have missed this before. I love Monty Python!! Cheers!!

I do know Conan O'Brien loved to talk about us in his shows...

CAC likes this.
  13. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

We Finns like to be in Australia. Strange. Around the globe. Then again we have a Finn in Japanese "Parliament". That is strange.

Then again, I could imagine being in Australia for a very long time. I have some cousins there. Only needs to e-mail them in case.Just some thoughts..

14. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Our tourist industry is taking a dive at the moment...Government spending big to halve airline tickets for air travel in Australia to people into these areas that rely on the tourist dollar...and the secondary industries which facilitate them etc...
    The point is...when international travel resumes (18 months?) Australia would love to see you over here to visit your cousins...I imagine there will be all sorts of deals to lure tourists back.

15. OpanaPointer

"Bert" and "Ernie" are long time friends, not my cousins. I would strongly discourage my cousins from visiting Oz, it would take a while to get the smell out of the outback.

16. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Yes indeed. No travelling at the moment.

I went to a congress in San Fransisco back in 2010 and in the customs they kept on asking if I had come to work in the US. I had a room in the hotel for three days and a return ticket but they kept on asking about working in the US. Finally they let me through the customs.

That was a bit scary as I feared they would anyway send me back. No drugs detected and a return ticket and a hotel room for the stay. Even asked the name of the hospital I worked in. I guess it was their duty. Would not like to fly back after a long flight..... ;)

17. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Marutei Tsurunen

Marutei Tsurunen

Marutei Tsurunen (ツルネン・マルテイ or 弦念 丸呈, Tsurunen Marutei, born 30 April 1940) is a Finnish-born Japanese politician. He is the first foreign-born Japanese of European origin to serve as a member of the Diet of Japan.[1] He is a member of the Democratic Party of Japan, where he served as Director General of the International Department. He served in the House of Councillors from 2001 to 2013.

He was directly reelected in 2007 with 242,742 votes, the 6th-highest in his party, but lost his seat in the 2013 election after garnering only 82,858 votes (finishing in 12th place).

CAC likes this.
  18. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

If you come over you’d want to be here a minimum of two weeks...if not a couple of months....try to visit more than one state. They all have their own little gems...

Kai-Petri likes this.
  19. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Gordon Ramsay tastes Finnish food....the usual response... ;) ;)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  20. OpanaPointer

It will have to wait a while. They put an implant in my corpus callosum yesterday and I'm waiting for my legs to start talking to me again.