Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Oh nothing really just wanted to share

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Biak, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Well-Known Member

I don't know anyone who mounts them either but I'm told a lot of tournaments take the fish to display with date weight and the name of the fisherman. I think one of a funniest movies on fishing was Man's greatest sport with rock Hudson and Paula Prentiss. I've gotta show these to my nephew he's big into fishing and does three to five day boats out of San Diego and encinitas. Our neighbor across the street go to Encinitas came back one time with like five or six big ce chests with tuna's 45 pounders and bigger told me he was going to clean them and put them in the freezer I looked at the fish and the freezer and ssi do you think they'll all fit. He looks at the fish and the freezer and says no an hour later a ring st the door and he hands me a huge hunk of tuna. We made sashimi that night and the next. He went to all the neighbors he knew and gave them cuts of tuna. Teriyaki grill is good too.

CAC likes this.
  2. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Great size fish there, CAC! Over here the biggest fish is the Salmon which swim in the Northern Finland rivers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our most famous Lapland fisher is Jasper Pääkkönen, who was in the BlacKkKlansman movie by Spike Lee and as I understood in the "Da 5 bloods" also directed by Spike Lee.Jasper even got Spike Lee to travel to Lapland but I don´t know if he did any fishing.

[​IMG]

Half Track and CAC like this.
  3. Prospero Quevedo

Teriyaki salmon and steamed Japanese short rice or cal rose botan

Kai-Petri likes this.
  4. Half Track

Half Track Well-Known Member

Oh, yes, just wanted to change the subject and share. Something really? Perhaps for our friend, you know................

CAC and Kai-Petri like this.
  5. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Yes, there is a place in my heart for classical music, too. I love the 'Four seasons ' and my definite favourite is the Mozart Night Queen aria. The first time I heard it I was blown away... ;)

CAC and Half Track like this.
  6. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I beat a 7 foot shark to death on the stern of a Navy tugboat once. The morons were fishing as we went from Roosy Roads to St. Croix to tow target boats back for maintenance. When they hooked the shark it started jumping and this one idiot pulled really hard at the top of a jump, which nicely facilitated the shark's boarding. Everybody cleared the fantail so I went in with a wrecking bar, six feet long with 1.5" square pry at the end. One through the brain and the fight went out of him.

Half Track likes this.
  7. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Just some things about Churchill: Everyone thought he drank whisky and burnt cigar all day long. Actually, he had learnt during his stay in India to dilute whisky for the humid conditions. The cigar had been taped at the mouth part so he looked better in pics. He did not smoke the damn things all the time. Although he liked a cigar every now and then. Pretty clever thinking as these were his key deeds in newspaper photos. Maybe helped with the ' black dog ' (?) syndrome though.

Half Track likes this.
  8. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Lake Trout from Lake Superior on the left and a Northern Pike on the right.
    [​IMG] upload_2021-4-8_9-47-58.jpeg

We have 'Pike' or "Northerns" as we call em', in our considerably smaller lake. The largest I personally saw was a 14 pounder. The one shown on the right would be in the 20# range.

Attached Files:

OpanaPointer and Kai-Petri like this.
  9. OpanaPointer

Something fishy about that post.

10. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Noticed the not so bent arms did ya' ? At least he's holding the thing rather than kneeling a yard behind it :D

OpanaPointer likes this.
  11. Prospero Quevedo

Hmmmm, I wonder if the big ones are as good pan fried in butter as the pan size or need more seasoning. My fall back everything tastes good in teriyaki sauce

12. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

13. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

upload_2021-4-10_0-24-8.png

He was the greatest...

OpanaPointer and Kai-Petri like this.
  14. OpanaPointer

"I'll beat them up but I won't kill them."

"Well, if you won't kill them we won't let you beat them up!"

15. Prospero Quevedo

Laying on my back waiting for my family brother sister's and other relatives to get back and cart me off the hospital. I've been down with gout. Usually lasts a week to three, but been down for ten. My insurance card came in last week so off to see s doctor. Have to say I'm freaking a little, wondering if its something more, I hope they don't make me stay I really hate hospitals. Wish me luck and hopefully it is something minor like the lack of being off for so long and just need physical therapy. I just can't seem to stand. Really annoying trying to get my model stuff together. Well just hope it goes fast score a burger and a soda on the way home.

16. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Feel for you mate...hospitals suck. Take an iPad with you...

17. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Did you say gout? I guess you know already things you eat can start it so hopefully you have a list what not to eat or the process starts. All the best!

18. Takao

Takao Ace

Get well soon Prospero, so you can show us more of your model building skills.

19. OpanaPointer

Another good luck! My doctors have finally admitted there's no fixing me. The future is a vast unknown, like Mirkwood.

20. Prospero Quevedo

Didn't make it in to the hospital till 12:00 today, ambulance and fire department showed up put me on a gurney. Been here over an hour got a needle in one arm blood pressure monitor on the other and finger monitor on the left hand. Looks like calcium build up in the joints and atrophy. Going to need physical therapy. Not really happy but have to deal with it. Just waiting to get the final prognosis and get out of here. Really hate hospitals, funny I helped build part of this place as a journeyman electrician.

OpanaPointer likes this.