Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Oh nothing really just wanted to share

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Biak, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Well-Known Member

A friend of mine had a brother that worked for fujimi electronics USA. They were here in So Cal but relocated to Chicago. Lasted three years then resigned and came back to California said the thing he hated most was not being able to use his car for three months then having to hope when the spring thaws came that his jeep was still ok and not wrecked by a snow plow. Said the snow would get so deep the snow plows would plow the center of the roads as lots of cars would be buried in the snow but occasionally they would drift too close to the sides and damage a lot of cars. The city has special insurance for such claims so people dontvworrybabout coverage but he said it's still a hassle to have to fill claim forms and get your car to a repair shop and such. Do Finnish cities have something like that or like British socialized insurance taxes pays for everything.

2. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Yes, we must get insurance for all reasons cars, people, houses. At times there is so much snow on the roof that if you try to push it down to the ground it falls so fast you are buried under the snow.

3. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Well, Soviet six invasion ships were getting closer to Danish and Swedish shore. Today three Soviet Roputsha-class ships started return. The other three stayed Around. Not so deep west a rehearsal. Looks like Putin is playing games. What a moron. What if we sank them and said they sank because they were such poor boats and the crew could not control the Sea storm.not our fault.

4. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Finland and Estonia have the same musical anthem except for the lyrics. However, between 1940 and 1990 when invaded Estonia's National anthem was the same as the USSR's.

5. Prospero Quevedo

Wish list shopping again on hobbysearch Japan and hijacked.... Hobby link Japan. There's a lot of recent products I don't have yet, lol. Some company I've never heard of before released a injection kit of the mig 31. Has amazing detail for a 144 scale a detailed cockpit, the radar in the nose and complete engine details. The radar and engine I don't really get unless your going to do some kind of diorama of the plane getting serviced or something. The model is done with some new popular manga, the plane has rocket engines on top mounted wing pylons, looks crazy, guess it supposed to be able to go into space another interesting detail all model aircraft I've ever gotten has the wheels and tires molded together this kit shows in the instructions the wheels and tires are separate parts, main carriage and nose gear. A bit pricey 30 bucks as I have several revell kits I got for 5-6 bucks still selling at 7-8 bucks. However I guess they did it before the Russians came out with the long range missiles based on our Phoenix. It has a couple of wing missiles but not the belly racks or under belly stores, the new kit does plus some new missiles a type of dogfight type.
    I also found a number of sites with great pics and drawings of the L60 and L62 tanks in Finnish army the L62 was specially built for the Finnish under commission. They only purchased like six and it was used very effectively as a tank destroyer as most of the tanks were t26s and bts. With the appearance of the early t34s and KVs the tank became very ineffective and the Finnish army had to find better methods in dealing with the later tanks.

6. Prospero Quevedo

You see a lot of scifi shows and scifi books of a type of plastic that they come up with to replace steel. In scifi it's stronger lighter and cheaper. With expoxy and resins I really think we might make something like that. Planes are being made with a combination of carbon fiber and expoxy. What next will we make they tried to make car wheels out of something they called poly steel a strange poly alloy that ford tried and it was a failur the wheels just couldn't take the beating and disentergrated after a while ford would not replace them saying they were out of warranty. BS I said a car wheel should last for years but we ended up going to a wrecking yard and got a steel wheel that matched eventually we had to replace all four wheels. It was weird the way they broke apart seem to have some kind of fibers that held the fragments some what together and not completely shatter to bits but I told people they should make ford recall them and replace with steel wheels like heck one blew out while my dad was on the free way luckily he was able to keep control and pull to the emergency lane. Others could have a front wheel go out and lose control I told guys at ford but they said they could do anything about it as they just work for ford dealership. But as time goes by we do create newer stronger materials. I'm not sure really why they tried those poly wheels I'm guessing they must have been a cost savings too bad it totally failed. Maybe on a much smaller lighter vehicle the polyalloy was introduced on the first model Ford Taurus.

7. Prospero Quevedo

Reading about the strum tiger I always wondered what the holes were on the barrel. It said the rocket gases were so hot that they could damage the barrel even melt it so they drilled holes all the way to the breach were the gases then vented out keeping the barrel from over heating the venting changed as the type progressed they say that models were found with 20 30 and 41 holes or vents. It is a crazy looking machine and they say the rockets two types a he and a demolition type that could penetrate 2.5 meters of reinforced concrete. The he could cause a blast area that could devastate troops in large scale it was considered very deadly. But it was slow and couldn't carry very many rounds a supply vehicle had to carry more rounds and the tiger had its own crane to lift rounds from the supply vehicle and then into the tank thru large doors at the back. The reloading took time as the rounds were so huge and heavy. They were very hard to man handle maybe they should have made it in two parts like a lot of large artillery rounds were like the German 150 and the Russian 152 a separate she'll then a propellant charge, but the propellant isn't like modern were we have those glucose containers they had a shell casing just no shell. The types of shells were loaded then the casing I use to wonder if they had people scavenge the battle fields for casings as propellant casings were also getting to be a problem that we were going thru brass so fast that if they needed to recycle casings and if so did they re use them like the way we clean and reload rifle casings??

8. Prospero Quevedo

Looks cold, lol, we hardly get snow here ever now and then in a blue moon,lol. Usually doesn't go below 40s but we do get some cold winters this one has been really cold down to the 30s and some days we have had frost. Frost is pretty rare here so when it does happen a lot of farms are wiped out some have those warmers installed if they get a frost warning they can fire up and it keeps the field free of frost. Amazing that works out in the fields. The last great frost was back in the 60s wiped out a bunch of farms in the San Diego county area. Many had to claim bankruptcy and that lead to the farms being bought up by developers and a lot of San Diego becoming urbanized. There's hardly any farms on the coast now most in east county San Diego lots of avacodo farms, miles and miles of avacodos. And yeah so avacodos are Californian I don't really care for dang avacodos in all my food thank you. Sandwiches, burgers, salads, everything Mexican, omelette, I mean a little now and then but dang they have places they put it in everything. Ugh just not into them like I was when I was in middle and high school. Avacodo and bacon sandwiches were my fav.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  9. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

10. Prospero Quevedo

Sure looks like one, damn what a collection of arms and I thought they mainly used the AKs I really should have got a few when the the Chinese copies got here at like a hundred bucks now with inflation more like 300 or more. Lol, my nephew is think about getting a few fire arms told him I'd help him shop are told him when he's really serious we'd check out the great western loved it when it was at the Pomona fairplex but Pomona is part of LA county and the county voted to get rid of all gunshows in LA county lines most of the incorporated cities joined in. The guy in charge of Pomona fairplex said he didn't want to get rid of it the show was once a year and the two week show generated enough revenue to cover the fairplexes overhead for half the year. Unfortunately they had to let the show go and they now have the show in Las Vegas. The stuff you can find at that show got parts kits of just about most any gun less the receiver but well over at another table most any receiver you need. I tended to stay away from sales that could lead to a felony charge but met a lot who didn't, doing full auto rebuilds etc. lol, the deactivated bombs, grenades etc. I think a guy one time even had a m3 light tank for sale, a kind of self made museum some dolt started his own collection had an running M5 light tank that belonged to another collector on loan to the guy. I guess moving it from there near knots berry farm to Main Street Santa Ana to a museum there for some kind of special exhibit they must have had problems with the running gear one of the road wheels. I call him a dolt because they didn't have the tools or real know how to fix it and tried to use a sledgehammer to fix it and did a bit of damage to owner sued him for damages and took the tank back not long after the guys museum folded and he claimed bankruptcy. Like the dude could have contacted camp Pendleton just at the south end of the county and asked to help in repairing it I'm sure the marines would have helped out as it would be preserving history and maybe even go pr stuff for the local papers. I hope the tank owner was able to get his tank fixed without too many problems. From what I heard the tank didn't have all the special tools it should have had mostly the lug lug wrench. I believe all tanks had a wheel lug wrench as if they lost or damaged a road wheel they were supposed to Beatle to replace it as many tanks carried at least a couple of spares, lol, I'm sure it wasn't as easy as changing a tire as you can usually easily lift most tires light truck and passenger cars but a light tank I'm sure that thing must of been pretty heavy. Now at the great western I remember seeing some private collectors displayed armored vehicles even towed guns. Mostly all US equipment probably back from the days when the army sold surplus at auctions I read a guy bought 500 m4 Sherman's for scrap, drained them of oil and fuel and sold that then pulled all the engines and sold those then abandoned the tanks the government later was looking for the guy to clear the land of the tanks but couldn't find him and had to spend thousands in tax dollars to have the land cleared and the tanks disposed of. The same happened when they were closing terminal island naval base the had a bunch of old minesweepers they had to get rid of anchored at the north end of the island some guy bought them at auction pulled the motors and sold them and left the boats to rot the navy was after him too but couldn't locate him and had to pay to dispose of the boats bet that was costly as many had sunk. I was still in the sea explorers and our skipper was trying to get the navy to donate one to us too bad no go, would have been great they were 55 to 60 footers built for the ocean, our boat volunteer ship 73 was a 40 but an old harbor fire boat with a harbor hull so we rolled a lot on the ocean in rough weather, lol, a lot of us got really sea sick on those days.

11. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Low budget warfare, aka "Gun What You Brung".

Prospero Quevedo likes this.
  12. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

And not a bullet in sight…

13. OpanaPointer

Well, we certainly don't want anybody to get hurt, now do we.

14. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

The guy on the far left looks like he's got issues with the dude next to him.

15. OpanaPointer

I'd give them a few months extra duty for the gross lack of trigger discipline.

16. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

17. Prospero Quevedo

Can't make out anyone with magazine pouches either, strange

18. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

CAC and OpanaPointer like this.
  19. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

OpanaPointer and CAC like this.
  20. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Not too strange...its one thing to steal a weapon, but quite another to acquire the ammunition...once its gone, where do they go for more? These weapons are for intimidation (unless they can find some ammo that is - then they will happily pull the trigger) - These are descendants of the "fuzzy wuzzy angels" from WW2...from the high lands of PNG - Still very wild country where tribes still rule...You travel there at your own risk.

[​IMG]