Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Old New Member Reporting In

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by GPW1944, Mar 19, 2014.

1. GPW1944

GPW1944 recruit

Hello Everyone,

Cannot recall if I introduced myself the last time I was on here so I might as well check in now.

Hello my name is Jim, I am a O.D. holic. Its been three minutes since my last O.D. fix, My screen name is GPW1944 which is naturally for Traveler my jeep. Currently my jeep and I are exactly 26 years apart, which puts me at 44 and Traveler at 70 years old, Traveler don't look a day of February :). I currently live in Northern Wisconsin with my wife and three boys. As I have many family members that have served in the U.S. Military I naturally like to honor them by studying about the military. To name all my family and their service would be a long post so I'll keep it short. My dad served in the 7th Army in Germany in the 1950s, my wife and I both served as well, me the U.S. Navy and Army National Guard, my wife the Army National Guard. I particulary like to study about the 79th Division and the Americal Division as two of my most favorite uncles served in these divisions. My uncle Ed was a mortar crew leader with the 315th Inf Reg 3Bn L Co and My uncle Frank a corpral with the 132nd Inf Reg. My hobbies, well my weakness is U.S. WWII and Army field items to be exact. I also like to build models, mostly WWII aircraft, all nations. My youngest son collects 1/32 scale armor and both my other boys enjoy WWII era as well. Anyway that's just the surface, get to know me and I'll tell you enough to make yer ear fall off. Enjoy the pictures that I added, my jeep, my family, my story.

Jim View attachment 20572 View attachment 20573 View attachment 20574 View attachment 20575

Attached Files:

O.M.A., Otto and Slipdigit like this.
  2. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome to the forums!

3. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome Jim, nice rides you have there. Are you close to Alabama?

4. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Hi Jim. Glad you could join us. Sounds like you'll fit right in.

5. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Welcome Aboard Jim!

6. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Welcome to the Forum, Jim.

7. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Hi Jim, great to have you. Great opening post, I wish everyone came in here like you just did.

I'm in Chicago, and I travel up to Northern WI a couple times a year, so we are neighbors. And by neighbors I mean neighboring states, but we are probably 400 or so miles apart.

8. 4jonboy

4jonboy Active Member

Hello Jim and welcome to the forum

Lesley

9. GPW1944

GPW1944 recruit

Thank you everyone for your kind welcome to the forum, if you ever find your way up to the Northwoods of Wisconsin look me up, If its when we don't have all this white stuff "snow" on the ground I'll introduce you to Traveler and we'll go for a short ride, and Otto I believe you might know the area "The Musky Capital" Hayward. I have many relatives in the Chicago area in fact my Uncle Frank resided in Des Plaines for most of his life (unfortunatly he passed away this last fall, and glad that I took time out of my Rockford visit last year to see him). Speaking of the Chicago area, Rockford has by my standards the best military show in the USA, if you want to visit a show that's most likely the best in the USA. Thanks again everyone jbmarucha@yahoo.com

Traveler's engine bay before and after and Rockford 2013 (2 sons and cousin on right) Not our jeep

View attachment 20584 View attachment 20585 View attachment 20586

Attached Files:

10. Ruud

Ruud Member

Welcome to the forum GPW, nice jeep you have !