Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Otto--8 more pics if interested. Gebirgsjager pics.

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by C.Evans, Nov 22, 2002.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I just recieved 8 of 10 5th Gebirgsjager Division pictures--they are described below.

1) Gebirgsjager Mountain Artillery action pic--most likely taken in Russia.

2) Nothing very special just shows several gebirgsjagers walking up a trail surrounded by snow--and a fortified blockhouse in the background. Most likely taken in Russia.

3) A wintery scene showing Gebirgsjagers moving supplies up a mountain trail by horseback. Most likely taken in Russia.

4) A winter scene with gebirgejagers walking in view of the camera--in the background middle of picture is a Gebirgsjager Sentry-standing outside his Sentry box. BUT, the main subject of this picture is of a Schloss in the middle background. I think this was most likely taken in Austria in 1938 or 1939.

5) A Gebirgsjager and Civilain scene at a Hauptbahnhoff--snow covered scene--and the center of the photo is another Schloss. Another pic I believe to be taken in Austria in 1938 or 1939.

6) Several gebirgejagers standing next to and on a Train--which is showing its Aluminum Train Eagle which is bolted to the train engine.

7) Probably the same train--with a Field-Kitchen set up on it serving their Ersatz food to several hungry Gebirgejagers.

8) A mostly identified foto of 4 Gebirgsjagers grinning for the camera.
    Front three men are identified as:
    Gefrieter Buchner
    Feldwebel Wind
    Unteroffizier Wagner.(smoking a "fag") and the 4th and unidentified soldier is aping Wagners smoking a "fag."

If interested--i'll be making copies soon. Let me know.

2. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Well, an image says more than a thousand words, doesn't it? [​IMG]

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Yessssssssssss but I have no way to post images except if I can get Gary to do it when he has time--or make copies and send to Otto or someone who can post them.

4. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

I know, I know. I was only bothering you in my usual childlish way. [​IMG]

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Otto, any interest in these 8 pics--if so--let me know as I keep them with me and can make copies almost anytime. :D