Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Otto - Cathy's Critters - Princeton, Texas, USA

Discussion in 'WW2 Forums/Forces Postal Service' started by Otto, Feb 28, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Otto

Otto GröFaZ Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Username: Otto
    Sent: 24 February 2024
    Postmark: 26 February 2024
    Arrived: 28 February 2024

No WWII content here but I felt like sharing this.

About once a month I take my daughter out for some father/daughter time. We spend the day, just the two of us, going somewhere and doing something she likes. Lately we've been visiting local petting zoos. The hot Texas weather makes it a suitable place for keeping rare animals. Believe it or not, there is a property about 15 minutes from my home where there are a dozen or so zebras roaming inside the fence line.

Our most recent father/daughter trip was to Cathy's Critters, a nearby petting zoo with an exotic collection of creatures. This zoo includes kangaroos, emus, ostriches, several species of macaw, sugar gliders, llamas, a twelve foot albino Burmese python, a sloth, hedgehogs, fennec foxes, various species of tortoise, peacocks, and at least one dromedary. Also on site, is a slew of more common farm animals. Almost all of these animals can be either picked up, pet, or ridden, and I was hoping to pique my daughter's interest in any one of these wonderful creatures at Cathy's Critters. None of these were of any interest to her, instead, we spent the entire day focused on my daughter's most favorite and beloved animal...pigs.

Fortunately they had at least a dozen pigs, and even a few piglets for her to cradle like a baby. On the way to the petting zoo, my daughter requested we buy a few apples and sneak them in for the express purpose of feeding them to the animals as treats. The apples being a much more appreciated food item than the cups of pelletizes feed you can buy on site. Obviously only the pigs were worthy of this special treat.

On the way out of the petting zoo, a friendly employee handed me a voucher for some free animal feed upon our next visit. The voucher was on heavy cardstock and blank on one side, perfect for use as a postcard. The addition of the pig sticker was a demand of my daughter, as there is no pig silhouette on the voucher, and this omission obviously needed to be corrected with a sticker from her personal collection. I always carry a few stamps in my vehicle for such situations, and I dopped the card into a nearby mailbox after scrawling a quick note and scribbling a commando pig.

I'm not certain if there will be more pig/swine/boar updates, but I'll post them as they come up. :pig: :pigling: :pigwalk:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remember to check the WW2 Forums/Forces Postal Service Map for a look at our growing list of all WW2F/FPS submissions.

CAC likes this.
  2. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Babe and Wilbur say hi to your cool sounding daughter!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OpanaPointer and Otto like this.