Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

ouch Jeff...

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by brndirt1, Nov 10, 2012.

1. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

And at home too. I really thought they were on their way back for a while, but the quarterback that was so perfect with no int.s threw three today? It was still a very good game from the viewers point of view. Sorry for the loss Jeff.

2. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

That is way it goes. Two interceptions. One was not his fault, the other was in the endzone. That fumble around the 15 didn't help much either as the offense was driving hard and fast down the field.

Defensive play in the first quarter was pathetic.

3. texson66

texson66 Ace

As a teasip (University of Texas, '66), I have no dog in this fight so to speak,

But as a Texan, Gig'em! :D

4. Volga Boatman

Volga Boatman Dishonorably Discharged

Christ Almighty!

Are the Houston Oilers EVER going to win a Superbowel.....oops....Superbowl?

Where the bloody hell is Warren Moon when you need him?

5. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Volga, join us in the 21st century. The Olier's mo longer exist, but Houston's new team, the Texan's may just win the Superbowl this year. Hard to admit as a suffering Dallas fan :eek:

6. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

WHOOP!

7. Volga Boatman

Volga Boatman Dishonorably Discharged

oops...revealed myself as a bloody fool there!

I must admit I never thought this would happen in a year of sundays.

Whatever happened to Warren Moon, incidently? After failing to set the conference on fire with "Run and Shoot", he disappeared into the ether. Must have gone back to his oil rig. Don't all Houston people not involved in the space program work on oil derricks? Or am I still stuck in the 20th century.

8. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Warren went on to play outstanding quarterback, setting more passing records, for a couple of other teams. The Vikings, Seahawks, and Chiefs. Moon was also inducted into the NFL Football Hall of Fame in 2006. He was one of my favorite qbs when he was playing BTW.

Goto:

Warren Moon NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

9. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

go Orygun ! ............... though I prefer the Beavers who are not playing up to their potential.

10. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Moon kicked around the pro league and the CFL before retiring. A honoree of both the NFL and CFL Hall of Fame. In the news recently by joining the criticism of black quaterback's is racism arguement. The 'Run and Shoot' is just one of many fads that sweep pro football, and sometimes college. It works for awhile then somebody figures a counter and it quietly fades from memory. Currently the 'Wildcat' is all the rage.

Bud Adams, the owner of the Oiler's, moved the team to Nashville in a dispute with the city over a new stadium. The NFL forced him to give up the name as a sop to the local fans in Houston, so the Oilers became the Tennesse Titans. Houston got a new franchise about a decade ago which they named the Houston Texans. (they got the new state of the art stadium)

While oil is still an important part of the Houston economy this has been in decline for years. Alternate energy and medical research and treatment as well as other areas are making the local economy more diverse. Sadly Space industry is also in decline as the federal government moves out of the industry in favor of private industry.

Hope your taking notes as there will be a quiz on Monday!!

11. 4th wilts

4th wilts Member

How is Tom Brady doing this year.?