Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

P51 Pilot Oscar Lajeunesse

Discussion in 'Those Who Served' started by Oldleg, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Oldleg

Oldleg New Member

Can anyone help? I am trying to look for as much information on P51 pilot Oscar Lajeunesse including information on where he crashed on June 6th 1944. I have been told it is near Lyons La ForĂȘt but have nothing else on him; Can anyone help? I don't even have his service number or squadron info unfortunately.

2. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow Patron  

This should help a bit:

MACR_42-103332_1of2.jpg MACR_42-103332_2of2.jpg

3. Oldleg

Oldleg New Member

Cheers TD, that is brilliant!!!!! It does help. Does anyone know if the US Air Force had the equivalent of the RAF's loss cards. I would love to see if I could find out where it crashed exactly. From what I understand Oscar survived and I wonder if he filled in any reports about resistants that may have helped him and where this train was that they were attacking.

4. Oldleg

Oldleg New Member

According to the Imperial War museum site he survived, retired from the air force in 1965 after serving in Korea at the rank of Major and died in 2007 in Worcester, Massachusettes USA. Reading Logan's report makes me want to learn more about him. I wonder if there is any way I can find out the names of the resistants that helped him as according to the IWM he stayed with them for three months.