Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

pampa14's Aviation Click Bait

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by pampa14, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Dave55

Dave55 Member

Don't worry. This idiot will never return to read it.

4jonboy likes this.
  2. USS Washington

USS Washington Active Member

I wouldn't bother responding sir, pampa14 is only here for click baiting, just saying.

3. pampa14

pampa14 New Member

I share with you a collection of photos of the most produced Soviet fighter of all time, including some rare photos of the plane with Allied markings. We're talking about Yakovlev Yak-9, the first Soviet aircraft to shoot down a Me-262. To see a full report and the photos, visit the link below:

http://aviacaoemfloripa.blogspot.com.br/2011/01/yakovlev-yak-9.html

Best Regards.

4. Takao

Takao Ace

Thankfully were are almost done with the old 2011 postings on the website.

Now we get to look forward to all of the 2010 postings.

Happy Old Year!

5. pampa14

pampa14 New Member

6. Takao

Takao Ace

Well, Pampa proved me wrong...We're still stuck in 2011.

While Pampa probably knows this answer already...No, no B-29 - other than wreckage - was ever captured by Japan.

Although, from the wreckage and interrogation of captured aviators, the Japanese did have a good idea of the layout of the B-29 bomber. As can be seen in the B-29 interior painting shown here.
    [​IMG]

But, in this photo, taken from the other side of the B-29 interior, you can see that it is just a large mural mounted on pipes.
    [​IMG]

7. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

I just had a strange feeling of deja vu

8. Lanciere

Lanciere New Member

That plane isn't seem to heavy. It is too heavy because it should comply with the request made in the 1936 by the Regia Aeronautica (the Italian Air Force of that time), which wanted a plane which should be an heavy fighter, a light bomber and an assault plane; in short it should be both a P-38 and a B-25 in the same time. Not only the Regia Aeronautica wanted a plane able to take off and to fly with only an engine, able to reach the speed of 470 km/h with the engines at 70% of the power, armed with 4 12.7 millimeter machin guns in the nose and a 12.7 millimeter machin gun in turret (each machine guns had to have 400 ammunitions), able to carry 1000 kg of bombs, able to reach the 6000 meter of altitude in 9 minutes and able to tollerate accelerations of 12 g.
    So the Breda built a plane with very heavy structure; so heavy that the it was able to carry the weapons only like overload. In fact the plane without weapons (ammunitions and bombs) weighed more than the maximum allowed!

Those are the reason because that plane has wings and engine nacelles so large: it is a heavy plane which should be faster, but also more solid that all other planes of that time.
    These was request too different and to heavy to be fulfilled by only a plane. In fact no other Air Force asked for a plane which were both an heavy fighter than a light bomber.

9. Lanciere

Lanciere New Member

10. pampa14

pampa14 New Member

I share with you some photos, including a rare photo with markings of the Royal Air Force, of the experimental airplane Armstrong Whitworth AW-52. If the plane had entered service during World War II would have helped to anticipate the end of the conflict? Visit the link below, see the photos and answer on this question.

http://aviacaoemfloripa.blogspot.com.br/2011/02/armstrong-whitworth-aw52.html

Best Regards.

11. lwd

lwd Ace

The P-38 on at least one occasion carried 2,000 lbs of bombs if I remember correctly but it didn't have a turret. Some P-61s could carry 2,600 lbs of bombs and they had a turret. However the P-38 was heavier than the Italian plane and the P-61 weighed in at over twice as much at least according to the following:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_P-38_Lightning
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_P-61_Black_Widow#Specifications_.28P-61B-20-NO.29
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breda_Ba.88#Specifications_.28Ba.88.29

12. Carronade

Carronade Ace

It appears that they tried to do too many different things in one airframe.

Ironically, aircraft which were successful in multiple roles like the Mosquito or Ju-88 were often not designed as such, they just turned out to be adaptable.

13. Lanciere

Lanciere New Member

Yes, but P-38 and P-61 had two engines with 1600 hp each, while the Ba.88 had two engines with just 1000 hp. It means the italian plane had 1200 fewer hp that the american ones. Anyway the FIAT Cr.25 (the other plane which should respect the request of the Italian Air Force) showed that was possible make a plane which were an heavy fighter, a light bomber and an assault plane. The real problem of the Breda Ba.88 was the structure: in order to satisfy the request of robustness Breda built a plane using a lattice structure tubular, covered with a monocoque. That structure made the plane very solid, but also so heavy to be useless.

14. Sheldrake

Sheldrake Member

I am a fan of Eric Winkle Brown. In his reviews of the aircraft he flew he wrote that the most dangerous aircraft were underpowered twins. The Italians were hampered by the lack of an aircraft engine powerful enough to do what they wanted.
    The Italians were not alone in looking for a light bomber /heavy fighter. The French Bregurt 693/ Potez 630, British Bristol Blenheim, Beaufighter/Beaufort and DH Mosquito, the Douglas DB3, A20 and soviet Pe2

15. Takao

Takao Ace

AFAIK, the Douglas DB-7/A-20 was never intended to be a heavy fighter, but was strictly a light bomber/ground attack aircraft. However, many were converted to P-70 Nighthawks, a night fighter.

16. Lanciere

Lanciere New Member

Excuse me, but what planes are the "underpowered twins"?
    Anyway in my opinion it is and it was possible built a heavy fighter which is also a light bomber od an close support plane which is also a light bomber. But it wasn't and it isn't possible built a plane able to be an heavy fighter, a close support plane and a light bomber.

17. Sheldrake

Sheldrake Member

An underpowered twin is one that has a high minimum safe single engine speed, which makes it dangerous on take offs and landings.

I think you will find quite a few 1940s aircraft were designed to be all of the roles you describe. Some did them quite well. How would you describe the DH Mosquito or Ju88. Ju88 outstanding medium and dive bomber; Ju88 C ;long range fighter Ju88G outstanding night fighter. DH Mosquito MkII heavy fighter & Night fighter MkIV Light bomber Mk VI fighter bomber Mk XVIII anti shipping.

18. pampa14

pampa14 New Member

I share with you a lot of pictures, some of them previously unreleased, rare and never before seen by me, referring to one of the secret weapons of the Luftwaffe. We are talking about the Horten flying wing. Perhaps, the aircraft of the Second World War the most ahead of its time than any other, went into production too late to be put into service. Do you think if he had gone into production would have changed the course of the war and history? Visit the link below and give us your opinion about it.

http://aviacaoemfloripa.blogspot.com.br/2011/01/a-mais-secreta-arma-da-luftwaffe.html

Best Regards.

19. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Very unlikely.

Three problems.

Early Jets required strategic materials that were in short supply within the Reich. No single weapon type could overrun every Allied/Soviet advantage. Finally the "wing" air frame was almost un-flyable without modern computer/fly by wire technology.

20. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

I think Speer was given the command to decide the 10 most promising projects in 1943-44 and he led the group and financed those as well. Horten was not one of them if I recall correctly.