Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Panther Ausf G - 16 Panzer Regiment

Discussion in 'World War 2 Hobbies' started by rtvmodeler, Nov 26, 2007.

1. rtvmodeler

rtvmodeler New Member

via TanksinWW2
    :D Hello friends:

Here is mya Panther Ausf G finished in Mayo 12, 2007

Panther Ausf G – Pz. Rgt.16 / Battalion / 3rd. Company / 2nd Zug / Tank number 3. The Pz.Kpfw. V Panther equipped the tour médium companies of the 1st. Battalion 16th Panzer Regiment.

The kit: Panther Ausf G of Gunze Sangyo High Tech kit 1/35. It comes with many parts of white metal and photoetched with great quality and the plastic is excellent too. Fenders were not included.

Add-ons: The gun barrel of eduard, bosh light of Greif and fenders of Voyager and some scratch.

White metal of Gunze is similar to lead because of its easy manageability and it must be handled carefully because it bends easily. In some cases I perforated pieces like exhaust pipes and I drilled the holes of the ilder and sprocket wheels. The Photoetched are easy to mount, the tow cable is one of the best I have seen. Taking into consideration the age of this kit, its quality is excellent.

The tracks are individual and are made of plastic (Link by Link), but I used them in another Panther and finally used Tamiya tracks. I have those of Gunze but I noticed that the metal was too soft. I only used them to mount some in the turret and in the lateral part of the armored.

The kit also contains several pins same that I have placed at the front mudguards after perforating the fhotoetched for the assemble. This effect is very good. In the engine rear zone I could appreciate that the left side is shorter, so it was not necessary to make an small cut to place a beam support. I perforated the frontal plate to place the bosh light cable and in the back of the light I placed a medium chain

As the side-skirts are irregular for adding impacts, I made some modifications as the rear grids. The assemble of all pieces has fixed correctly and without problems.

Several pieces like shovel, hammer, back boxes, etc. have a very good white metal detail, so it is not necessary to mount any kind of photoetched. For the engine deck handles, the hatchway and the rest of the Commander turret I used copper wire.

This kit has a metal gun barrel but the one I used of Eduard has a better and accurate detail because the one of the kit is a little longer. After having mounted the tank, it is time to look at the photos of the kit to detail it in the best possible way. By using Milliput I added some cement in the Commander cupola hoop. While it dries, I have decided not to place all the fenders, I just selected 5 to give them impacts appearance, as well as in the flank of the Panther and something smaller in the front. Before starting painting, I have first applied a brush of Gunze Sangyo in the metal parts and in the photoetched so painting holds better.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regards,
    Rodolfo

2. me262 phpbb3

me262 phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    oh man!!!
    that is good!!!!!
    really makes me feel i'm not good anymore :(

3. Boba Nette

Boba Nette New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Yeah,what he said!

4. JCalhoun

JCalhoun New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Dammit boy! :D

5. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    That is beautiful.

6. rtvmodeler

rtvmodeler New Member

via TanksinWW2
    :D Thanks for your kind comments friends!

Regards,
    Rodolfo

7. Revere

Revere New Member

via TanksinWW2
    amazing.. how many hours did that take? well it really worked out well. I liked how u bent the skirts adding more realistic feel to it. once again good job.

8. PanzerProfile

PanzerProfile New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I can only bow in amazement.
    There's a real panther on the pictures there, I'm sure. Good work!

I'm really beginning to ask myself, what the fun of building really is when there are people out there who can do it that good... :cry: ;) ;)

9. Boba Nette

Boba Nette New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I often wonder the same thing.But I always try to improve with each build.Just remember it's supposed to be fun first.

10. me262 phpbb3

me262 phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    feeling sorry for yourself won't help you at all, instead, use it as a new objective to reach.remember that at the beginning ,( some years back) many in this forum , put me in the top, but i always told you that there are better than me, and here is the proof "rodolfo"
    so the best thing to do is to try to be better , not to give up at the first disappointment
    and most important at all, is that is your personal achievement
    see it as " one day i will do the same"
    keep trying and practice and one day you will see that you can do that too, but only with practice and errors, coz we learn more from errors
    cheer up dude!!!!

11. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf New Member

via TanksinWW2
    That's a cracker - thanks for sharing.

12. PanzerProfile

PanzerProfile New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Hey Me262,

you're most certainly right on that one. Over the years I have learned a lot from the guys on the forum and I have never given up at the first disappointment. In fact, most of the pictures here inspire me to try new things and new techniques, so in fact I'm very much doing what you suggested. The point in my previous post was more meant like a joke, since there simply is much difference.
    So please don't worry about me being disappointed now! On the contrary, I'm very happy that we have such a good quality of modellers on our boards!

and ST, you're right it's about fun in the first place. That's what the whole thing is about! ;)

13. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Hey, I have picked up tips from you PP, so don't imagine you are just learning - you are teaching too.

14. PanzerProfile

PanzerProfile New Member

via TanksinWW2
    :D wow...
    thank you!

15. rtvmodeler

rtvmodeler New Member

via TanksinWW2
    :D Hello friends:

Thanks for your kind comments!, :oops: sorry for delay in reply, but I was on a large vacations.

The construction, detailing and painting of this panther was on 120 hours aprox.

Regards,
    Rodolfo