Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Panzer Corps Wehrmacht for the PC

Discussion in 'PC and Console Simulations' started by ColHessler, Sep 19, 2011.

1. ColHessler

ColHessler Member

How many of you recall "Panzer General" in the '90s? That was one game I truly enjoyed. I have found its like again with "Panzer Corps Wehrmacht." :D This game is just as good as Panzer General, with the great attention to detail for units and equipment, and a great storyline. I liked the tutorial where you're training in the summer of '39 and your instructor lets you know failure is not an option. You then get to go into Poland, and you have help from Slovakia, which you don't often read about them going in with the Germans. Do well and you go to Norway, if not then the Low Countries. Either way it's France next, and if you well enough, you can invade England. Beat them, and it's Russia. Beat them, and you cross the Atlantic to conquer the U.S.

A few things are different here. North Africa isn't an option for you, nor do you have to try to conquer Yugoslavia when you fight the Greece campaign, just Macedonia. When you go to Norway, you don't have Narvik in you sights at all, just Trondheim. In England you don't have to try to conquer all the way to Liverpool, or Cardiff. Bristol and Ipswich are the furthest north you have to go. Also, no Operaton Anvil to deal with, just Italy and Overload. They also call the 1944 destruction of Army Group Center by its Soviet code name, Bagration. The attention to detail is great. It's from Matrix Games, and it runs on Windows. It's on Windows 7 and XP. (Oh, and Vista.) Give it a look and tell me what you think. See if you like it like I do.

Otto likes this.
  2. BishopTS

BishopTS Member

Downloading it now. If it's anything like Panzer General was, my friends might not see me until the new year...

3. ColHessler

ColHessler Member

Trick or treat! Treat actually. For those who need cheat codes, I found the cheats for this game:

Press [Ctrl]-[Alt]-[Shift]-[c]

When the dialog box comes up, you can type "prestige (number)" (no quotes needed on these) to add to your prestige points so you can buy new units.

There is also "core (number)" which will add to your core of units. This is great for scenarios where you can't deploy all your units at the beginning of the battle.

Last is "aux (number)" for adding to auxilliary units in stand alone battles, not in the campaign.

Also, no parentheses needed for the numbers.

Enjoy.

4. ColHessler

ColHessler Member

Also, I've played "Panzer Corps Allied Corps," in which you can be the Americans and British. I'm now playing "Panzer Corps Soviet Corps," and it's fun too. You can fight your way to Berlin as I have, and have a great time yelling "Death to the Fascists!"

Plus there is "Panzer Corps Afrika Corps." Do well on this one, and you can invade India!

If you're a PC gamer like me, you've got to try these.

Otto likes this.