Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Panzer-Kampfabzeichen Luftwaffe

Discussion in 'Medals, Insignia, Badges & Recalls' started by taxfreelt, Sep 22, 2015.

1. taxfreelt

taxfreelt New Member

Sorry for my bad english I hope you understand me :) Looking for help. I have probably Panzer-Kampfabzeichen Luftwaffe badge and I don't know is this badge real or not. May be a copy? Probably badge silver, on the back side I see digits 768. Also SS letters, word BERLIN and digits 43. Mostly all badges, which I found in internet have a pin on back side. But mine badge - isn't.
    View attachment 23000 View attachment 23001 View attachment 23002

Attached Files:

2. bronk7

bronk7 New Member

welcome and your English is perfect, especially compared to a lot of Americans I listen to or read about....I've never seen this badge before.....very interesting......

3. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

Welcome to the forum!

An SS Death's Head and runes on a Luftwaffe badge? That screams "fake" to me. Skipper should be around shortly to render final judgement.

4. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

Curious as to why the Totenkopf would be placed on the backside of the pin. Also, the coloring seems a bit fishy. Interested to see what other members come up with.

5. Takao

Takao Ace

This badge is quite controversial, as many believe that it was never made or issued, others believe that it was made, but not issued, while others say that it was both made and issued...

That controversy aside, it is either an outright fake, or it was remade using a de-nazified piece.

AFAIK, the badge should be a one-piece, but here the eagle appears to have been attached at some later time.

The SS Totenkopf and SS markings are bunk.