Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Papiermuhle, Dhron-Neumagan

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Zwingli, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Zwingli

Zwingli Member

Would any of the forum members live or know of someone who lives in the area.
    In forging through the reams of my father's military records I came across a memo to the Air Ministry regarding the crash of my father's Lancaster. The memo is dated March 4, 1947 and says the following: " On the 29th of Feb. 1947, a visit was paid to Dhron K50/L4140 where the Burgermeister and various local people were interviewed and the following information obtained:
    1.This aircraft crashed in flames near the paper mill at Dhron at approx. 2300 hours on the 12th(should be13th) August, 1944.
    2. Four very badly burned bodies were taken from the wreckage, one being identified as the officer Pullin.
    3. The four bodies were put in one coffin and buried in the local cemetary.
    4. The grave has been registered by 40GRU. it is in a well kept condition, is located just on the left of the entrance to the cemetary and marked with one white cross bearing the inscription: Hier ruhen vier anglische arerik. Fliegers. Gefallen 12.8.44
    I have emailed the editors of the two newspapers asking for information or if there are any local residents who might remember this incident and be willing to share information.

Maybe some of you have some information or suggestions.

Thanks
    Leslie