Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Patton

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by ww2buff, Jun 25, 2003.

1. ww2buff

ww2buff Member

DUCE's atempt at this failed sop let me ask a different question: What was the best scene in your opinion from that movie?

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Best scene eh?

I have a few favorites like:

When Patton arrived to take command in North Africa and was in the HQ building and awoke a sleeping G.I. by kicking him in the butt. The G.I. yelled: "Who the hells kicking me in the butt!?"

Another favorite scene is the combat scene showed in which Patton first fought Rommels Afrika Korps.

Another favorite scene in when the American Armored column ran out of gas and hada to fight a column of Germans.

BUT I think the best scene in the movie had Patton outside his HQ building during a Luftwaffe low-level bombing/strafing attack and Patton was standing in the middle of the street firing his pistol at the two German aircraft all the while he was being fired on by gunners in the aircraft.

3. ww2buff

ww2buff Member

I agree with all of those, especially the one where he's being shot at by the Luftwaffe. Afterwards, he calmly says "If I ever find the Nazi son of a bitch who was flyin that thing, I'd give the guy a medal!"

4. David Barton (DB) Mathis

David Barton (DB) Mathis Member

yeah, that's a good one 2 buff.

5. clueless_newbie

clueless_newbie Member

The scene when Patton takes Bradley to the old Carthaginian battlefield, and talks about having fought there 2500 years before.

Sends chills up your spine.:eek: