Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Presidents Of The USA

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Poppy, Apr 29, 2016.

1. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Yep...full size...

2. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Active Member

This is excellent.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OXmm2Ux7eM

3. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Active Member

4. Takao

Takao Ace

5. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

This insignificant web poster thinks Donald has a lot of work reversing the damage barry has already done..
    Unsure if it possible to revive a frog once it has been slow boiled.
    C'mon Pepe, you can do it. Breathe life back into the West...How is France looking, Pepe?...

edit-sp

6. Takao

Takao Ace

I would think Donald has a lot of work reversing the damage Donald has already done.

7. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Yes. 9 days...here's to another 7.98 years of trying to repair the damage...Brexit, France, Italy, Germany etc etc will soon show the majority of people don't want globalist/left agendas...Time will tell/show...Soros and his kin/ilk need to be eliminated.
    "Can't we just drone the guy"- hillary clinton

edit-words

8. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

Do you really think flyover country care what the Daily Mail writes.
    In four years the flyover states will decide the outcome of the elections, not the Daily Mail.

Poll Shows Only 33 Percent Oppose Trump's Temporary Ban on Immigrants From Terrorist Havens.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 57% of Likely U.S. Voters favor a temporary ban on refugees from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen until the federal government approves its ability to screen out potential terrorists form coming here.

9. Takao

Takao Ace

That's nice...But, the flyover States did not decide the outcome of the 2016 election, nor will they likely decide the 2020 election.

Given the well-know conservative bias of PJ Media and Rasmussen Reports, the finding of their poll hardly surprises me.

10. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

Then who? Flyover country - people rejecting liberal ideology seem to be everywhere now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Takao

Takao Ace

With so few people voting for Clinton, Trump should have won the popular vote by a landslide...But he lost it.

He also should have won the Electoral College by a landslide...But, he didn't, he only managed to take 57% of the electoral votes. Well, unless you subscribe to the alternative facts of Kellyanne Conway.

I would also add that these are the same people that rejected conservative ideology in 2008 & 2012.

12. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Active Member

I've been there!
    Wow.
    I also worry about those effected by Obamacare and the healthcare industry and the recent gag orders by Trump.,
    but, the only America I've been to seen; are all there.

13. denny

denny Member

Its funny...the critics of "Obama"...they have almost No Knowledge of politics AT ALL.
    He virtually carried out 8 YEARS of the Bush Paradigm.!
    He:
    Deported more immigrants than Bush.
    Murdered more innocent people via drones than Bush.
    Was as bad or worse for "media" than Bush.
    Levied a war against whistle blowers that, in his own defense, Bush never really had to deal with.....but still.
    Instituted a "Health Care" plan based on a Republican Paradigm that pandered to Big Insurance Companies. It DID help hundreds of thousands of people. But it was FAR from the Medicare for all that we should have gotten under his watch.
    Maintained the Bush Policy of Perpetual War, and increased our Imperial presence of 117+ foreign countries having the USA Military shoved down their throats on a permanent basis.
    Bush.....Solicitous toward israel.? Obama was worse. He handed over more of our hard earned tax dollars to the Israeli Nazis than Georgie did.
    Billions of dollars to aid a Racist, Illegal country that:
    1.Does not Need the aid
    2. Absolutely does Not deserve it.
    It is hard to tell if ":Obama" haters are ignorant, or just on a reactionary, shade of gray, Koch program of mediocrity.

14. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

Obama was Bush, but people didn't know that, he was hiding the truth, and was aided and abetted by the mainstream media in this.

Israel is not illegal, all the major powers and the UN have confirmed his legality a long time ago, although the means used to win the land from others can be seen as morally questionable.
    The main "reactionary" force there are the settlers, they are well organized and untouchable, politically they keep the rest of the country hostage. More or less like BLM in the US - only worse.

15. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

Certainly, 57% is weak, but time is probably on his side.

16. lwd

lwd Ace

You really think the election was about rejecting "liberal ideology"? If so you really haven't been paying attention. This last election was about which of two atrocious candidates to reject.

Or not. His policies, especially international relations wise, were closer to those of Bush than many realize but there were some important differences most of which can be spun in either direction.

By the way neither "murdered" anyone via drones.

17. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

From what I saw on American forums, the Americans, especially libertarians and conservatives were initially like "it's a choice between the last stage of cancer and Ebola", but a few weeks before the elections there was a radical shift in their thinking, as this man explains it best:

In the last couple of days I have read two articles from liberal news outlets how Trump’s election is the end of American democracy.[...]
    I am not a populist. I recognize from history that populism can very quickly turn ugly, becoming governance by appealing to mob rule. Fortunately, America has a built in barrier against becoming a populist state, it is called the Constitution of the United States of America. It is a marvelous document, full of negative rights, limiting the power of the government and guaranteeing the rights of the people.
    I was not a Trump fan during the election. I will never forgive him for the way he treated Marco Rubio, who I know, and who is an extraordinarily decent man. [...]
    Watching the histrionics carried out by the Left during the final days of the election and beyond, had pushed me in an uncomfortable direction where I am being driven to support Trump just to watch him steam roll the Left. [...]
    For the eight years of the Obama administration, the half of America in the land between the coasts had an elitist, far Left Progressive agenda rammed down its throat with a pen and a phone.[...]
    We’re tired of that.
    We’re tired of being called “bitter clingers,” “deplorables,” uneducated, ignroant, racists, homophones, xenophobes, bigots, rednecks, and mouth breathing knuckle-draggers. [...]
    We were tired of having our lives managed by bureaucrats who graduated from a handful of elite Ivy Leave colleges. To enter eight more years of that, with those same bureaucrats feeling they’ve been giving license to micro-manage our lives is not an attractive prospect.
    Especially when those people fully admit that that don’t get what life is like outside their bubble. [...]
    Michael Moore was right, Trump was the “human Molotov cocktail” that Middle America could throw at the elites. The elites should be glad that Middle America threw Trump. [...]
    Take Middle America. Have progressive government regulations destroy their livelihoods. Have a near Trillion Dollar stimulus plan completely skip over their states, and help those only in America’s biggest and bluest cities. Have what the media claimed to be the smartest man to hold the Presidency have less than 3% growth for his entire term. Have progressives ignoring the crisis that they are facing. Then let the media and and Hollywood insult and degrade them as the last safe, acceptable form of bigotry in the country. [...]
    The election of Trump was a safe and lawful release of the pressure that had built up in Middle America. Clamp that pressure relief shut and Progressives risk causing the whole thing to blow.
    The Left needs to accept their loss and take their lumps. If they are smart, they can use the limitations of the Constitution to restrict Trump from going to excess.
    If they think they can stop him altogether and turn back this shift in America, they need to remember who owns the guns in America.

18. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

This post just made me realize that there will someday be a news report stating that "the US aircraft carrier Donald J. Trump has been deployed to the area".

19. Takao

Takao Ace

At least, from the bits you have picked, and the ones you did not. It is quite clear that this man did not have "a radical shift in thinking"...
    From his raving tirade, is is quite clear that it was not who a case of who he was voting for...But who he was voting against.

The man says as much shortly into his tirade with

and right there you have it...I'm not voting for Trump, I am voting against Clinton.

The rest is just rambling pseudo-justifications for his action, as specified below.
    Tired of being called “bitter clingers,” “deplorables,” uneducated, ignroant, racists, homophones, xenophobes, bigots, rednecks, and mouth breathing knuckle-draggers." Unfortunately for, you, those were the types that the Trump pandered to.
    Rejecting elites...Guess what? Trump is very much an "elite." Rejecting Ivy league elites? Trump graduated from Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania - A private Ivy League college. So, yes, you have just given an Ivy League elite license to micro-manage our lives.
    Especially when those people fully admit that that don’t get what life is like outside their bubble. Which Trump did so many, many times during his presidential run. He's rich, rich, rich(how many times did Trump tell us that - I lost count). Worth 10 billion dollars...Do you, for one second think that Trump knows how to live outside his bubble?

Need I go on...

This guy epitomizes the typical American "Low Information voter." He knows just enough to be dangerous.

20. belasar

belasar Court Jester

So you are saying there are nearly 63 million 'bitter clingers', 'deplorable's', uneducated, ignorant, racist, homophobe's, xenophobe's, bigots, rednecks and mouth breathing knuckle dragger's?

Glad you at least can see outside your bubble.