Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Project 13. Trumpeter 1/32 Me 262B "Red 11"

Discussion in 'Modelling' started by royalflyingcorp, Feb 24, 2017.

  1. royalflyingcorp

    royalflyingcorp New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2016
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    24
    One of my most satisfying model builds in this scale. Build was pretty much out of the box with a few extra details and a lot of research to find an interesting paint scheme. Highly recommend this model to anyone from novice to experienced. Have to say im yet to be disappointed by Trumpeter.

    Next project, currently under build is a HPH 1/32 Fi 103 Reichenberg manned flying V1.
     

    Attached Files:

    George Patton, Otto and belasar like this.
  2. Thorvir

    Thorvir New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2016
    Messages:
    20
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Noblesville, Indiana
    Oh that's nice.
     
    royalflyingcorp likes this.
  3. CAC

    CAC Ace of Spades

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2010
    Messages:
    4,615
    Likes Received:
    398
    Any centre of gravity problems with the model? Did you have to weight the forward section (wheel well)?
     
  4. royalflyingcorp

    royalflyingcorp New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2016
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    24
    Actually i had a real issue with that. The only other 262 i had built previous was a 1/72 scale years ago. And after making the mistake of not putting anything in the nose i ended up with a taildragger. So i was fully prepared not to make the same mistake again (or so i thought) but unfortunately the weight that was advised by the manufacturer was nowhere near heavy enough to stop the nose from rising up. And aside from some serious surgery (basically cutting off the nose section without causing obvious or terminal damage which would have been almost impossible) i had to find another way. Luckily being the nightfighter version the extra fuel droptanks were authentic and quite literally saved the day and the model. I simply removed them and from previous experience i have learned not to go ott with the glue/cement adhesive just incase adjustments need to be made. They came apart fairly clean and after i added more weight (this time tried and tested) i sanded, repainted and fitted them back onto the model. The 262 is notorious for this problem even when care is taken to remember to weight the nose. I have built B-25's and B-26's and not had this problem, but as i always say when building any model.....
    Always be prepared to adapt and overcome!
     
    CAC likes this.
  5. royalflyingcorp

    royalflyingcorp New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2016
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    24
    Thank you.
     
    Thorvir likes this.

Share This Page