This is a special version of the T-34 Model 1943 converted to a propaganda vehicle and equipped for psychological warfare with loudspeakers in armoured casings on the fender. These propaganda vehicles were quite successful in 1944 when the Wehrmacht losses led to many desertions. Note the new type of additional fuel tanks affixed to the side of the superstructure and not to the rear plate. Originally there were two such tanks used, but later their number was increased to three, and sometimes the addition of big drums hiked the total to four and five. This tank was sent near the front lines with volunteers from amongst Germain POWs in an effort to encourage futher desertions.