Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

RAF IN BURMA/INDIA 1941/2/3/4/5

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by LB1, Oct 8, 2012.

1. LB1

LB1 recruit

Hello, I am a complete novice to all this but can anyone tell where or how I can find out who the autographs belong to on a "Yuletide Fare Menu" for and I quote as I read it 355 .W.U. Royal Air Force, India, Christmas 1943,It holds over 130 Signatures, it and other things came with The Burma Star (and other medals) I had bid for and won. The medals belonged to Lesley Harry Parker, who passed over the Equator on the Windsor Castle on 25th August 1941 on his/their way to Burma/India theater of war.This is all about the R.A.F. This box came with many bits of information. There is a program from a Christmas show they put on (Cinderella) written by a Harry Strong and Produced by a F/Lt O.C Trimby Costumes and make up by Cpl Stocks and L.A.C Farrell and more names on this.There is a menu list from Firpo`s Ltd in Calcutta again with more signatures of these airmen.There is also a propaganda leaflet in Japanese I would love to know what it says does anyone know where I can get this translated? Lesley Harry Parker married after the war in 1946 BUT there were no children I can`t find any near living relatives to find out more about what they did and where they were any info will be most appreciated. LB1

2. Jagan

Jagan New Member

my post is five years late, but it could be 355 MU. (Maintenance Unit) that was based in Jodhpur?

Otto likes this.