Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Rainyday Joins War44...

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by Jim, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Jim

Jim Active Member

via War44
    Welcome Rainyday! to war44 forums please introduce yourself by telling us where you are from, your interests in WWII or just History and how you found us.

Thanks,

War44 Team

2. Rainyday

Rainyday New Member

via War44
    Hi Guys!

I am 41 yo female, and I was born on the anniversary of D-day, in 1966. So, I feel connected. I was married on the 50th anniversary of Pearl Harbor Day (just worked out that way).

I grew up fascinated with the stories of WW2. It seemed like such a world apart from my experience and what I understood.

As I grew, I realized how universal and eternal this story is. The reasons change, the technology changes, but men are always pulling for or against philosophies and borders and power. WW2 was an amazingly large picture of that. For right and wrong, better or worse, those who fight do so usually because they believe in it more than they fear the consequences of fighting for it.

I want to read about men and women of honor. I am particularly interested in reading about the resistance. As a woman, I am also interested in the role women played in that fight.

3. Jim

Jim Active Member

via War44
    Hello RD, and welcome to war44, you share some very important dates in your life, nice intro to .. :thumb:

4. SamIam

SamIam New Member

via War44
    :happy: Another woman! Glad to see you. I am interested in the role women played in the war too. I sometimes think that women dont get enough credit when it comes to war and what they contribute.

Welcome and I am glad you are here, this site is so great! :thumb:

5. Kelly War44

Kelly War44 New Member

via War44
    Greetings rainyday, December's a busy month in your household then, I take it:silly:pleased you chose to join us. Any questions, we're only too glad to help, in any way we can:thumb:

6. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- New Member

via War44
    Welcome on the forums RainyDay:thumb: