Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Raymond W. HANISH & Robert .E. INMAN

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by Wolly, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Wolly

Wolly New Member

Good day everyone.

I adopted 2 graves of 2 heroes that helped with the liberation of europe.
    To bad they lost there lives in this battle.

Now i wanted to know more about them and their units. Maybe if its possible to get in touch with family, maybe to find a picture of them

Here is some more information about them:
    Pfc Raymond W. Hanish
    517 Prcht Inf Regt.
    Servicenumber: 35902728
    Dod; 26 januari 1945 at St Vith, Belgium

Pfc Robert E. Inman
    232nd Ordnance Bomb Disposal Company
    Servicenumber: 35332453
    Dod: 17 March 1945 At Germany

I requested a IDPF of sir Hanish last year in september. I Still didnt recieved annything.
    I Hope someone can give me some more information about those 3 Heroes, also about the units and maybe some family to get in touch.
    I allready looked some up about the units, i only found something about the 517 PIR but it wasnt not that much info. And i only find out that the 232nd OBDC was a unit of the 3th army of Patton, but i cannot find it anny where to check if its true.

If someone know some good books about these units you can always gif me the info about it.
    I really want to know more about these 2 men

McCabe likes this.
  2. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member Patron  

Wolly likes this.
  3. BFBSM

BFBSM Member

According to the 1930 Census:
    Father, Delbert D. Inman; Mother, Mary E, Inman; Brother Lloyd L. Living in Madison, Hancock, Ohio.

According to the 1940 Census, he was living with a different brother Herbert in Findlay, Hancock, Ohio. He was working a delivery boy for the meat market.

Mark

Wolly likes this.
  4. BFBSM

BFBSM Member

In the 1920 US Census:

Delbert D Inman45 Mary E Inman42 Herbert H Inman19 Lulu May Inman18 Edward F Inman16 Lloyd L Inman14

Delbert died in 1937:
    Name: Delbert D . Inman Birth Date: 10 Jul 1874 Birth Place: Ohio, USA Death Date: 14 Apr 1937 Death Place: Hancock County, Ohio, USA Cemetery: Hueston Cemetery

Mary died in 1933:
    Name: Mary E. Inman Birth Date: 15 Apr 1877 Birth Place: Mount Blanchard, Hancock County, Ohio, USA Death Date: 15 Aug 1933 Death Place: Hancock County, Ohio, USA Cemetery: Hueston Cemetery Burial or Cremation Place: Forest, Hardin County, Ohio, USA Has Bio?: N Spouse: Delbert D. Inman Father: Edward Proctor Hammond Mother: Nancy Jane Hammond

Delbert's birth details:

Name:

Delbard D Inman

Male

Race:

White

Birth Place:

Salem, Wyandot, Ohio

Birth Date:

10 Jul 1874

Father's name:

H. K. Inman

Mother's name:

Mary Jane Inman

FHL Film Number:

A copy of Robert's obituary can be ordered via: http://index.rbhayes.org/hayes/index/record_detail.asp?id=1997486

Mark

Wolly and McCabe like this.
  5. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Here is the 17th PIR page on the ww2-airborne.us website. He is listed on the Roll of Honor which indicates he was in D Company.

Regarding your IDPF request, it shouldn't take more than a year to get it. I would send them an email stating when you submitted it and asking when you can expect to receive it. I did that recently and they sent it to me within a day or two.

Wolly likes this.
  6. Wolly

Wolly New Member

Thx every one for the info! I allready got the last link. But the first also looks interisting.
    Does someone know something more of the 232nd Ordnance Bomb Disposal Company?

7. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Everything I found puts the "232nd Ordnance Bomb Disposal Company" in the Pacific, and it was disbanded in 1943.

I found this link for a Congressional speech in which an Arkansas congressman lists American BD/EOD casualties:

The photo of PFC Inman's marker has "232 Bomb Disposal Plat". That is pretty much the same unit name, just abbreviated to fit on the marker. Unfortunately, I haven't found much more yet. Perhaps someone will have better luck.

8. Wolly

Wolly New Member

Yea all the info i also founded of the 232nd OBCD was that it was a unit from the pacific.
    Thanks for the info, i will search further.

9. Linkert

Linkert New Member