Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Re: M7B1 Priest

Discussion in 'Military Vehicle Restoration' started by Danny Burt, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Danny Burt

Danny Burt New Member

Dear All,

I hope this email finds you well. I am currently restoring a WW2 M7B1 Priest.

These vehicles were made by the Pressed Steel Car Company, PA, USA for part of the US WW2 effort. I hope I am not being forward, we are giving a brief next week, on 13th, to a small group of people and was hoping for confirmation of manufacture paperwork and any further existing information on this hulk.

Also random, we're these mark of vehicle ever used by the British, and if so official records - confirmation of this please would be brill.

I am so sorry for the hasty request and I am very grateful for your time and help on this plea.

Regards
    Danny

Terry D likes this.
  2. Takao

Takao Ace

More than likely it was built at PRESSED STEEL CAR COMPANY, HEGEWISCH, CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, USA and not at the company headquarters plant in Pittsburgh, PA.

3. Terry D

Terry D Well-Known Member

I did a quick image search. Nearly all wartime images of Priests in British and Canadian service seem to show the M7. The attached image does show a British Priest with the one piece nose. The vehicle has the insignia of the British 3rd Division, which landed on D-Day. If you can get hold of the war diaries of the 3rd Division's artillery units you might get confirmation of the subtype.
    Possible M7B1 Priest British 3rd Div pre D Day.jpg