Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Recent War movie review

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by PTBOAT, Jul 17, 2002.

1. PTBOAT

PTBOAT New Member

hi fellas,

i just want to say hi to all im new here.

my topic is the movie harts war.

Hart War was hyped a little less for some reason and im not sure why. But with all the publicity that the movies Pearl Harbor and Code Talkers got it seems Harts WAR was over shadowed.

Of course this is just one cowboys opinion but i think pearl harbor was a total joke except for just the pure enjoyment of watching those warbirds scream across the screen at 315 miles an hour. i suppose that was worth the 9 bucks, as for the rest my girlfriend loved the story, need i say more?
    i fell into to codetalkers hype! shame on me! i got sucked in when everything kept telling me the movie star is niclous cage [bore] and i cant stand him. Well i should have known better to let myself get excited about that one especially after getting burned on PH.

There just have been so many good war flicks of late i was getting spoiled i think.

as much as black hawk down was making my blood boil, it was a tremendous flick, also last falls band of brothers made sunday like a dream day, football then ww2? holy holiday! opps sorry!

also i cant remember the name of the movie i saw about the russian snipers, it was a smashing movie that kept me in suspense the entire night but the name escapes me.[if anyone knows this one fess up please]

Harts war was the sleeper though it jist slide through with no real acknowledgement, it deserved some if you are ww2 lover, which is a given here no doubt.

rent it!
    [​IMG]
    www.mgm.com/hartswar/

2. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

"Enemy at the Gates" That is the one, the one we are discussing in other issues below this one. ;)

I liked "Band of Brothers" because of the action and nice details, but the drama was not good. It had a lack of SVR's emotions and drama, but I liked it.

I have not watched "Hart's war", but I hope to rent it soon.

Thanks for the thread.

3. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

PTBOAT, thanks for the info.

There is a small section about ww2 films on this site. It contains some basic information about some of the more recent WW2 films. Take a look:
    http://www.ww2n.com/films/
    I need to clean it up a lot, but one of the things I want to have is a decend reviews section, including compilations errors in the films. I'll clean up the page a little and post here when I have more info.

4. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Always doing a good job, Herr Generalfeldmarschall!

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I thought Harts War, was excellent. Id DEFINATELY had a much more different ending that I had thought. The plot twists definately kept me very interested. From the beginning to near the end--I didnt know what to make of this movie. The end result was: I thoruoghly enjoyed this movie.

I give it a DOUBLE thumbs up and 5 stars.

6. PTBOAT

PTBOAT New Member

thanks c evans. for backing me up on harts war.

also otto your movie site is a masterpiece itself
    ie built a site or two in my time and if your are detial oriented as i see you are it can be really time consuming.

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Quite welcome.